Chapter fifty four: Inducing labour

Start from the beginning

"Where were you baby?" Brad asks snapping me out of trance

"I was just thinking that this is probably our last time on the beach as a family of three and I was just imagining our girls playing in the sand, digging sand castles and then Norman coming and knocking it down. Then we'd all go in the sea, jumping over waves for a few hours. When the sun sets, we would head back home and cook on the barbecue and toast marshmallows around the fire pit. I can't wait for our future and I'm so lucky I get to spend it with you"

"Wow Jen... that sounds perfect. You know, when you fall asleep before me I always think of our children running into our room in the morning and jumping on our bed to wake us up. Then we all tiredly go downstairs and eat pancakes with syrup and drink milk. We would take our children to the park and then go out for dinner and ice cream. They would fall asleep in the car on the way home and we would carry them up to bed, tuck them in and give them a good night kiss before we climb into bed cuddling wondering what we'll do the next day"

"Our family is going to be perfect. I love you Brad" I say as I wrap my arm around his waist

"I love you too Jen" He wraps his arm around me and we slowly start walking back home

(Brad's P.O.V)

We've just arrived back home and Jen has decided to go and take a little nap since the walk has taken most of her energy. She told me to wake her up if she's not awake in an hour but I think I'll let her sleep for a little bit longer since she's not going to get much sleep when the babies arrive.

I'm pottering around the house cleaning up the few little bits that are out of place so Jen doesn't have to do it when she wakes up. I start the dish washer and I wash a few clothes that are in the laundry room. It only takes me about twenty minutes and I go out to the pool to clean it.

Thirty minutes later I come back inside and I want to make sure we have everything we need in our hospital and diaper bags. First of all I go and check on Jen and she's starfished across our whole entire bed still fast asleep... there's no way I'm waking her up yet, she deserves all the sleep she can get.

I get the bags and take them downstairs before I empty the contents onto the living room floor. The first bag I go through is Jens. I look at the list that was on top of everything and as I go through it, I put everything back into the bag.

Jen's Bag:

* Birth plan
* Pillow
* Pyjamas
* A nighty for giving birth in (if she decides against the birthing pool)
* A bikini (for if she does use the pool like she's planning)
* Socks
* Underwear
* Extra underwear
* Nursing bra
* Nursing top
* Extra pyjamas
* A change of clothes to come home in
* Breast pads
* Breast pump
* Period pads
* Nipple cream
* Antiseptic ointment in case she tares (Jen's idea)
* Paracetamol
* Hair brush
* Face wash
* Body wash
* Toothbrush and toothpaste
* A towel
* A towel for her hair if she washes it
* Her makeup bag for some professional photo shoots we will be having done
* Slippers
* Deodorant
* Camera
* Jen's yoga ball (I've placed it by the front door)

My bag:

* Underwear
* Socks
* Pyjamas
* Spare clothes
* Toothbrush and toothpaste
* Deodorant
* Snacks

Baby P's Diaper Bag:

* Diapers
* Wipes
* Cotton wool balls
* Burping cloths
* Booties/socks
* Scratch mittens
* Three baby vests
* Three sleepsuits
* Coming home outfit
* Diaper rash cream
* Pacifiers
* Hat
* Baby bottles (if Jen needs to pump)
* Formula (if Jen's unable to breastfeed)
* Gripe water