Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Waking up the next morning, I am on my side, snuggled into Rio's chest and he's holding me close. I feel him kiss the top of my head and I look up at him. Kissing me softly he whispers "Morning Princess." I smile softly and say "Morning baby." before snuggling back into him. "You okay Princess?" He asks. "Yeah. Just want to lay here a minute before getting up and getting started." I tell him. After a few minutes, I pull back and say "You know, when I was working, I was the one planning out all of the projects. Hell, I still have most of my contacts." I tell him. "What are you thinking?" he asks. "I know how these project managers work. They have so much going on and no one that they really trust and they trust me. I just need a benefactor to back me in getting started and I know I can get them to let me plan their projects." I tell him. "I can back you." he tells me. "Really?" I ask, looking up at him. "Of course. Are you thinking about bringing those other two on?" he asks. "Yeah. Let them be my assistants." I say. "Then, let's spend the morning, getting it planned out and getting the word out there. I'll reach out to them to meet." he tells me and I nod.

That evening, I have reached out to my contacts and they all signed contracts to do business with me and we have my website done and Rio says "We gotta go." I nod and follow him out the door. We pull up to a building and see Annie and Ruby standing there. "Hey ladies." I say and Annie asks "You wanted to meet?" I nod and Rio says "Let's go inside." We all walk inside and there's a table with chairs sitting there and we all take seats. "Not that we're...um...not grateful to meet here instead of the park but why are we here?" Ruby asks. "We're not meeting at the park because this is for my legit business, not the family business." I say and Rio smiles. "Legit business?" Annie asks. "Yeah. Look. Before I met Rio, I was a project manager for the company I used to work for. All this shit with your sister..." I say looking at Annie "...shouldn't shit on you two. You had your own legitimate reasons for getting into business with us." I say. "What are you wanting?" Ruby asks. "I've started my own legit business. I want you two to be my assistants." I tell them. "But we don't know anything about planning projects." Ruby says. "Have you ever planned a birthday party?" I ask and they nod. "You get that there's logistics to that right?" I ask and they nod again. "Same thing. It's all about figuring out the logistics to get what the client wants." I say. "How are we going to get clients?" Annie asks. "I already have some that have signed contracts so we have a starting point. I will teach you all the way. In return, you will get weekly pay and I will pay for the lawyer to help with your custody battle and, Ruby, you will get weekly pay and I will help pay for your daughter's treatments until a transplant comes through." I tell them. "Do you need to talk about it?" I ask and they shake their heads no. "Good. Now, you know you have to do the normal paperwork but I have one that I need you both to sign. It's a non-disclosure." I tell them. "Why is that?" Annie asks. "I don't want anyone knowing what we're working on. These projects, some have clients that want privacy. But also, this means you can't tell Beth what we're doing. I don't care if she knows that you work for me but just not what we're doing. Are you good with that?" I ask. "And you'll help us with the lawyer and bills?" Annie asks. "You have my word." I say. They both reach forward and start signing the paperwork. "Thanks ladies. You start on Monday." I tell them. "Can I ask, why did you decide on us?" Annie asks and Ruby tries to shut her up. "No. It's okay Ruby. I want there to be trust between the three of us. That's the only way this works. I chose you two because when everything was happening, you were working for Rio, you two were the only ones that didn't have ulterior motives. You two were always honest with us and did what we asked without fail." I tell them and they nod. "See you Monday ladies." I say.

Annie and Ruby are sitting at Ruby's house and talking about the new job. "What new job?" Ruby's husband asks. "Sit down. I'll fill you in." she says. "Beth got us involved with this couple and we were doing some work with them for a while until Beth pissed them off and they let us go." Ruby says. "How did she piss them off?" he asks. "She kept hitting on the guy." Annie says. "Wait. Why is she hitting on this guy when she's married?" he asks. "Because she's pissed that Dean's been cheating on her." Annie says and he just shakes his head. "So what about this new job. "Well, the woman we were working for has opened up her own business and hired us to be her assistants. We get paid weekly and she will pay for a lawyer to help Annie keep custody of Sadie and will help pay for treatments for our baby girl until a transplant comes through." Ruby tells him. "Legit business?" he asks and she nods. "Well, then, congrats ladies." he says before leaving them to talk. "What are we going to do when Beth finds out?" Ruby asks. "We have to do what we need for our kids." Annie says. "She's gonna be pissed." Ruby says and Annie just nods.