-39-

"That was a bitch ass move you pulled back there yesterday." Kara spoke to her reflection.

"And so is killing me and trying to impregnate me but I have to accept that. They'll find out."

"They have yet to find out. How do you expect them to find out soon? It'll be too late. You can feel yourself dying, correct?"

"What makes you think you'll leave them without a fight. Especially if you have Barry's child."

"Humans and their emotions get the best of them. He'll be too blinded by his grief and hatred that he'll struggle to find me."

"Well, you do whatever you want. I can assure you that my friends and sister will figure you out." Kara's reflection calmly said.

"You get on my nerves."

"Because I speak the truth? It's what I stand for."

"It's what you'll be remembered for."

"Whatever you say."

"Shut up!" Kara screamed, throwing her heel at the nearby mirror until it shattered into a dozen pieces.

"Kara? Are you okay?" Alex said as she quickly ran into Kara's room.

"Alex! What are you doing here?" Kara asked as she jumped back in shock.

"I came to get you so we can get breakfast together, as usual?"

"H...how did you get in?"

"You gave me a key, remember? Are you okay Kara?" Alex asked, slowly walking towards Kara.

"Right, yea... I'm fine. Can we... reschedule?"

"Yea, sure. You want me to tell Lena that you won't be going in?" Alex asked.

"Lena?"

"Your best friend? Who you are going to see when you go to work? She owns CatCo? Ring a bell?" Alex asked.

"Oh, right! I forgot I'd be seeing her at work. Yea, can you call in sick for me? I wanna spend my time hanging with Barry. Oh and finding that shadow thing."

"Yea, smart idea. I'll see you at the DEO. You need help cleaning that?" Alex offered.

"No, I'll get it. I'll see you later." Kara smiled.

"Okay, bye." Alex said before she left.

——

"Liz!" Alex said as she saw Lizzie trying to make her escape.

"Oh, hey Alex... didn't see you there." Lizzie nervously chuckled.

"Oh, you did. I know you did because you looked at me before making your escape."

"Escape? Psht, no. Why would I wanna escape?"

"That's my question exactly." Alex said.

"I'm not trying to escape." Lizzie said, her arms crossed.

"Oh you are, you've been avoiding me since Karaoke night." Alex said as she crossed her arms too.

"I'm not avoiding you!"

"Prove it. You better not cancel on Saturday." Alex said.

"Saturday, right. I forgot." Lizzie mumbled.

"Now come on. Kara's here and the guy from yesterday is meant to come. We need to come up with a plan with them." Alex said, guiding Lizzie to the others.