"Erm, mum, this food is so good, thanks." Semilore says taking the attention away from me.

My mum's attention is then taken away for a while as she tells Semilore how much time she spent on it since we refused to come help her in the kitchen.

I send Semilore a thankful glance, it's times like this I'm thankful for such a sweet younger sister.

"Um, Semilore, I saw your latest post on Instagram, one word. Superb." Tunji's sister whose name I've still not come to know says.

"Thanks, Kofi." Semilore says.

Woah, What am I missing here?, How does Semilore even know her name?.

"I think I want to be a model like you when I'm done with school, I'm graduating from secondary school next year."

"Well, you can be one, your skin is glowing and your body?, Fire, go for it girl."

A smile appears on Kofi's face making her look even more beautiful. I've only had one experience with her which didn't turn out well which is why I don't like her, but what if she was in a bad mood that day and didn't mean to react the way she did.

And just like that, my perspective of her was changed forever.

"Tunji, bawo nise? (How is work?)." My mum asks.

"It's going really well. We thank God ma." He says.

"That's what we're praying for."

The rest of the dinner is in a comfortable silence except for the few chatters from my parents to Mr and Mrs Akinjobi.

I'm grateful when dinner is finally over and mum asks me in particular to see them off with her, I know what she's doing. It gives Tunji a prefect opportunity to talk to me when we get outside, Kofi is talking to Semilore and my parents are laughing at something with Tunji's parents, I guess I have no choice but to talk to him then.

"You looked gorgeous tonight, just like every other time."

He continues after a while when I don't reply him.

"You've been avoiding me, I know you blocked me." He stares at me. It's an intense one.

"What?, I have every right to block you if I want to."

"Do you hate me that much?."

"Oh, you even know I hate you?, And you're still trying to talk to me."

"I want to make things right."

"Don't you think it's a little late for that?, It's been eight whole months Tunji, I'm sorry but I've moved on with my life."

"With that man?."

"What man?."

"The man with you on your page."

"What's your business with the man with me on my page?, Tunji, I can take pictures with any man I want, you don't own me."

"Is he your boyfriend?."

I wasn't going to make this easy for him, he can't expect to know every single thing going on in my life right now.

"Why do you want to know?."

The thing is, I know he knows Lota is my boyfriend, so why is he even asking?.

"I just want to, to know if I still have a chance."

Perfect. Best thing he has said all night.

"Well, if you must know, he's my boyfriend, we're dating."

"How long?."

His question is clear, how long have Lota and I been together?.

"Five months."

"You moved on pretty fast."

I turn around so quickly I almost get a whiplash. "You don't get to guilt trip me, you were the one who cheated on me." I snap.

"Right." He puts his hands in his pocket.

We are both quiet for a long time until I finally speak up. "Your parents are leaving, you should too." I nod towards his dad opening the car door, his mum is hugging my mum and Kofi is waving wildly at my sister.

"Do I atleast get a hug?."

I look up at him like he has grown two heads.

"No." I say firmly shaking my head, "No, you don't."

I don't wait for his reply before turning around and entering back into the house. I slam the door shut behind me.

•••••
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Till next time!