Daughter-in-law

I have always heard about people being nervous about meeting their In-laws. But in my case I was more nervous than my girlfriend. It took me months to decide to introduce her to my parents.

Actually there is a reason for me being this tensed. My family is a pureblood, and one of the wealthiest of family in the wizarding community. Many things have changed after the war with Voldemort. Our family has suffered the most my father being the Second in Command and a blind supporter.  Though my parents have tried to fit in after their trails and house arrest punishments. They still have a long way to go. Their beliefs might be the same.

And here is my girlfriend chatting with mother about muggles. And how she met one muggle disturbed by a nargle in a coffee shop in London. I face palmed myself. My mother kept nodding to whatever she said. And My father just sat there doing nothing.

We are supposed to have lunch. When I told my parents that I would bring my partner over they had insisted that she stops for Lunch. When we arrived I was tensed that Luna would be reminded of the war. Well it's not usual to visit the place you were being kept hostage once. But she behaved opposite she gave my mother a hug and  also decided to give a kiss on my fathers cheek. The look on my fathers face was hilarious. And that was the first time I had seen 'Lucious Malfoy' gape. If I hadn't been this tensed I would have laughed my ass off.

I expected them to snap any second. But nothing happened. By the end of the conversation My mother was laughing loudly. "Narcissa Malfoy nee Black" who always worried about her appearance and grace laughed with her mouth open like there is no tomorrow. It was my turn to gape now. I looked at my father he also had a small smile. I closed my mouth and looked down. "You should come here often, Luna what do you say lucious?" my mother asked looking expectently. "Well I don't mind a good company " my father said and winked her. "Thnkyou Mr and Mrs Malfoy" the girl beside me replied in a soft voice. She kept her hand on my lap, she must have felt my discomfort.  "Oh Dear call us by our names or you can also call us Father and Mother" My mother said. " That's right, anyway when should we expect grandchildrens" my father said eyeing my her hands. That statement got me coughing and everyone burst out laughing including the cute vixen near me.

The events turned out completely different and it seemed like I was worried for nothing. At last we ended up staying for dinner. When it was time for us to leave. My parents insisted their "Daughter-in-law" to visit soon. And for me I was asked to tag along if I like but it wasn't mandatory. I wanted to remind them that because of me "Draco Malfoy" they got to meet her. But I decided against it. If they like their "Daughter-in-law" more then so be it.