Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"But you said..." She trailed off.

I brushed the tears away. "Justin loved you Selena. So much."

"T-then...let h-him go." She whispered.

I closed my eyes tightly. "No one can tell me what to do and what not to do. That's the difference between us."

"I'm sick Andrea." She cried. I opened my eyes in a swift as I stared at her.

Can sickness be the reason for a person to stay? Would you let one stay because of pity feelings?

"What does that has to do with anything?"

She sobbed in hysterics. It seems she's the type of person who can't control or bottle up her feelings. "I need Justin."

I gritted my teeth.

What about me?! You don't think I don't need Justin?

That's selfishness Andrea! You've been selfish before, are you freaking going to do it again?

"Is Justin your doctor?" I countered.

"I n-need him. You d-don't u-understand."

I stood up from my seat. "Give me my few weeks Selena."

She stared at me and stood up as well. "B-but..."

"You can go now." I said.

"A-andi---"

I glared at her. "Don't you dare call me that."

She pursed her lips as she descended her way towards me. "Please. Andrea."

"Selena---" I started but I was in for too much shock as she kneeled down before me. I felt my mouth fell ajar. "W-what in the world are you doing?! G-get the fvck up!"

"Please Andrea. P...please." She was crying in hurt as she pleaded. I, sometimes, maybe a bitch but I was a bitch with a heart. I gritted my teeth.

"Are you taking away your pride just for Justin?"

"I-I don't care. Just give J-j-justin to me. Please."

"Stand up Selena."

"Andrea. Please."

I can't take it anymore. I grab a hold of her shoulders as I pulled her up with me. "Don't you ever kneel down on me or to anyone for fvck's sake!"

I can't believe I just said that to her, out of all people! I should not care! She should kneel down on me! I should feel so damn superior! Selena is begging! I should be so damn thrilled about that!

Fuck it. I can't! I know I fucking can't.

Seeing her this desperate, I can't help not to see myself in her. She looked so lost. So lost that she drowned herself into loving Justin too much. She can't find herself anymore.

Did I also look the same? In the eyes of Stephen? Scarlet? Jacques? My dad?

I gazed away from Selena's puffy red eyes.

Why...why do we need to suffer this much just because we love someone?

"Do you hear yourself right now?" I started. "You sound too desperate. It's pathetic."

"I l-love Justin. I can't let h-him go." She said in between sobs.

As slowly as I pulled my grip from her arms, realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Maybe I'd known it so well but just like I'd always been, I just shrugged it off, deciding to bury it deep at the back of my mind. It's something I had always denied about myself. But looking at Selena right now, the truth was shaking inside of me.

I was in her shoes too.

Yet, we fought differently.

I pursed my lips and stared at her. She's beautiful; no wonder Justin fell in love with her. "You can't lose yourself just because you found Justin, Selena. It's not... healthy. People should grow into the best person as they should alongside with the one they love. Not...like this. Not like when you look so lost. That's not how love should be."

That's right. You can't lose yourself just because you found that person. That's not how love supposed to be.

Isn't it Andrea?

"Andrea. I... I'm---" Selena trailed off.

"You should go. I'll be having a visitor soon."

She didn't say anything. She just kept on sobbing and sobbing until she took her bag with her. She rummaged through her belongings and took something out --- a paper. She then grabbed my hand and placed it there.

"W-we both need him." She whispered before walking away. My eyebrows furrowed at the paper and her statement. At first I thought what she meant was, she and I both needed Justin. That for a second there, she also knew I was sick. But damn, I thought wrong.

As I opened the paper, or rather the document, I felt my breathing stopped. It's like every part of my body decided to stop working. I lost all my strength. My knees began to tremble that I took a seat on our couch for balance. My hands were shaking, crumpling the paper that was in my hand.

"If you're going to be a bitch at least kick your husband's mistress out. Literally." I heard a new voice stated from my behind. If I was in a lot of strength right now, I would counter her back but no, I couldn't even move an inch. "Hello? Aren't you going to welcome your cousin?" Aruella appeared before me with a smirk on her face. "Surpri---" She stopped as soon as she saw me. Her eyebrows furrowed. "What's wrong Andi?" I would've recorded that question of hers since her tone was filled with sincerity that I could not believe it. But I was too broken to speak. "Andi?"

Tears were silently streaming down from my eyes as I couldn't help but to remember what I had read.

"Andi? What's wrong? Hey."

I met Aruella's hazel eyes. "She's pregnant." I whispered brokenly.

Everything. Everything was beginning to blur. Again.

~*~