ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴏʙɪᴏ | Attention

Start from the beginning

She still remembers every sentence that he expressed tonelessly every time she asked him to watch her performance from the past weeks.

It was always an uttered rejection.

It was like he didn't even care about her own sister's presence and the achievement she had earned.

"How about another time? The coach is giving another extra practice and I can't miss that chance."

"I can't today. There's a practice match against another school."

"I already have a plan to practice the whole day at school. Can it be later?"

She was only a year younger than him, but she could only desire affection from his older brother.

Since there is nobody else in the house.

Their parents are always busy with their work and would often go overseas for important matters.

Because of their jobs, they decided to leave them in the hands of their grandfather who lives nearby around the Miyagi Prefecture.

However, their grandfather died of old age when Kageyama became a first-grader in middle school.

It was quite a shock for the siblings that their grandfather had passed.

"... I wish Grandfather was still here."

Because of his death, they had to take care of themselves with the money that was transferred by their parents from overseas.

She could chuckle at those faded memories of when they were still kids when they played with each other so often.

"Ever since that day, brother and I have become quite distant from each other."

Y/N exclaimed sadly.

Her eyes looked up towards the door that was already closed shut from before.

She could only have a wistful smile.

"Stupid brother. You do realize I'm still one of your only family, right?"

Y/N complained silently.

She didn't even remember the last time they got to talk to each other that they were so familiar and comfortable.

It was always this normal greeting that they have every morning.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"Honestly..."

Her hands are subconsciously clenched into fists while the frustration within her heightens.

Her eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"... Do you even care about me?"

---

After months of Kageyama unknowingly shunting Y/N away so he could practice volleyball, Y/N grew impatient about her brother always not keeping his words.

Because of that, she grew tired of looking at the instrument that she once desired to play.

With that emotion she holds, she decided that there's no purpose in continuing playing and quit her piano lesson.

'I mean... Not even my brother wants to watch me play. What's the point of playing then?'

Because of that, Y/N stopped asking Kageyama to watch her piano playing.

Soon after, she left him alone and didn't bother greeting him before. he went to his practice at the door.

"Y/N. Are you alright?"