Eccedentesiast

Começar do início

You gasped again. “I’m not stupid! Why are you so mean?!”

She frowned. Oh. That is kind of mean. I didn’t…

“But I’ll forgive you just this one time! And only if you play with me!”

“Huh? Really?” She snapped her head up to look at you. 

“Yep!” Then your face broke out into a smile. “So will you play with me!?”

She nodded. “Okay,”

-o0o-

“(Y/N)! Maru-chan! I forgot to mention that I invited some other kids too,” Isao walked over to the two of you. They were still at the park, but the sun was setting and you were both tired out, so you were sitting at the ground, trying and failing to braid Maru’s hair.

“You did?” You looked up at him. “But I already have a friend now. I can’t have anymore,”

“What? Of course you can have more than one friend!”

You shook your head. “Nope. Maru-chan has to be my only friend. Right?” 

Maru shrugged, playing with some blades of grass. “I don’t really know, but I think you can have more than one friend,”

You stopped braiding her hair and sat down next to her. “Okay! But you’ll be my best friend! How does that sound!?” You grabbed her hand.

“I dunno… I did just meet you,” she looked down at her grass stained knees.

You frowned, letting go of her hand. “Fine then! I’ll find another best friend!”

She snatched your hand back quickly. “No. I’ll be the best best friend you’ll ever have,”

“You better not be lying!”

“Girls, they’re here,” 

You hopped up, still holding Maru’s hand, dragging her to meet the other kids. Two boys, around her age. She glanced at their hands, which were also intertwined, though the boy with spiky dark brown hair didn’t seem too happy about it. You must have noticed they’re hands too because a smile spread across your face as you jumped from foot to foot. “Are you holding hands because you’re best friends too?!”

“Nope!” The taller boy smiled. “We’re holding hands because we’re getting married!” He exclaimed with a proud tone.

Maru blinked, knowing what was going to happen as you turned your head to face her with sparkling eyes. “Are we-”

“No,” she cut you off and you let out what would only be described as a whine as Maru felt you tug on her hand, gesturing for her to let you go. She frowned again, shaking her head. “Because we’re best friends,”

She watched as you tilted your head, obviously trying to contain a smile before turning away in a huff, but keeping your hand where it was. “Fine,”

“Oh! My sister made milk bread!”

“Milkbread?”

“It’s good,” the shorter boy said, speaking for the first time.

-o0o-

The four of you were only in  your first year of middle school when Maru started to realize how easy it was to be taken advantage of. Not her of course, she didn’t particularly like talking to others, so she kept to the small friend group she had created. But watching you, who always had a smile on your face and eager to help, she wondered if you were oblivious to the fact you were being used.