you fall asleep on her

Dianna happily pulled you into her arms as you crawled back into bed beside her after you finished brushing your teeth. You could hear the rain pouring on the roof and, on occasion, there'd be a clap of thunder in the distance or a flash of lightning outside the window.

But it was actually sorta soothing. Your original plans were rained out but you weren't complaining about that. It just gave you an excuse to spend the day in bed with Dianna; wrapped in her arms with good movies playing.

Your head rested on her stomach, moving a little every time she breathed in and out. She leaned down to brush her lips across your forehead and your eyes closed at the feeling.

You felt the vibration of her chuckle and heard it in your ear as it fell from her lips. She met your eyes when you opened your own. Her eyes were starry, a look of adoration in them as she stared at you.

"Find something to watch. I'm up for anything." She mumbled as she handed you the remote. You didn't know what to watch, so you just flipped through the options on Netflix and settled on something random. Frankly, you didn't mind what it was. You just wanted to spend time with her.

The intro to the film began but it was only background noise to the both of you. You were too focused on each other to really care about anything else. She was caressing your cheek with one hand while her other was wrapped around your fingers. She leaned down to lay kisses across your face, soon pressing her lips onto yours to kiss you lovingly.

"I've missed you. I know we're both so busy these days, but you're always on my mind. You know that?"

You smiled at her words, puckering your lips for another kiss.

"You're always on my mind too. I love you. I know our plans were ruined but,"

"No but's." She interrupted. "I like this much more than a hike or a day on the beach. Just you and I. My beautiful girl." She whispered and leaned down to plant a lingering kiss on your forehead.

You yawned and a soft sigh followed. You felt a little sleepy from your busy week, but you didn't want to tell Dianna. You wanted to spend every waking minute by her side today. It's been a long week and you needed her.

"Sleepy?"

"No." You fibbed, but it was obvious that you were with how your eyes were slipping shut and how hard it was getting to open them again each time.

Dianna just chuckled, obviously seeing through your little lie.

"You are." She teased and kissed your nose. "It's alright if you are, y/n. We've both been busy. I understand. If you want to sleep, don't fight it. We've got the whole day."

"No. I'll be fine."

She playfully rolled her eyes at your mumbled words. She kissed your nose once more but dropped the subject and turned back to the movie. She knew it was only a matter of time until you fell asleep and there, cozy in her arms with your head on her stomach, you knew you'd sleep well.

You found it hard to fight the sleepy feeling. You closed your eyes and soon found it impossible to open them again. You were falling into a peaceful slumber and even more peacefully when she kissed your forehead again.

"I love you. Sleep well."

"Love you," you mumbled back as you drifted off to sleep, leaving your girlfriend with a bright smile on her face and a leap in her heart.