1- Had he known.

Tommy stood at the top of the pillar he had created, the spur of desperation that caused him to do so wearing off, replacing itself with emptiness. He exhaled a slight sigh, arm loosely draped over a propped up knee as he sat at the edge. He ran a hand through his sandy blonde hair as so many, yet so little thoughts ran through his head. Through the static of his mind, Tommy could make out one thought; Would they miss me?

Since being cast aside by his friend, his best friend... former friend, he hadn't seen the boy. That boy, the one who caused him all this pain, the one he saw in his dreams, the one whom he missed the most. Tommy begun again to question whether the sentiments were mutual. He had questioned it since the day he had been betrayed. The lack of the brunette's presence only served to consolidate his doubts.

Tommy tilted his head back, waiting for the tears to fall once more like they had done so often recently. He stared at the myriad of stars above him, their fires reflected in his glassy blue eyes. He held himself there in anticipation of an outbreak of emotion, yet he couldn't cry. He had nobody left to cry for. He couldn't muster as much as a tear for himself.

The ground below him held itself firm as the boy gazed down to his camp.  The wind chilled his slim frame, gently brushing his hair and ruffling his tattered clothing. The effects of his exile were showing plain and clear. From his shredded clothing to his lack of a shoe, his weeks in exile could be marked by each layer of dirt and grime on the boy. The toll isolation took on his mental state prevented him from maintaining his former sleek appearance.
Tommy picked himself up. He stood atop his tower. 95 blocks. That's how high up he was. His thoughts blurred to nothingness, taking up the void they had created.

"It's about time." He sighed, letting the cool night air breaching any warmth he had left.

"They won't miss me."

"They won't notice I'm gone."

"There's no point."

Tommy formed words with little effort. His blurry thoughts seemed to materialise themselves as speech.

He stood on the edge of a dirt block.

"I'm sorry."

Tommy whispered those words towards the night sky. He took a step off of the edge.

Tears fell.