I realize how gross I feel, so I decide to take a shower. I go to the bathroom with some clothes and a towel. I turn the water on before getting undressed, so the water can warm up. I don't like taking showers, but sometimes I prefer to when I feel really gross. There was a point where I couldn't take showers at all, I only took baths. Therapy helped me feel a bit better about.

      I take my time in the shower, I'm still pretty banged up from Vincent. The hot water helps soothe my aching body. I wash my hair before washing my body, making sure to be careful of where I stabbed myself. I'll need a bunch of makeup for this mission to cover all this up, like I did today.

         When I'm done, I dry off and change into some comfortable clothes. One last day of relaxing before all the work begins.

         I watch TV for a little bit before making some dinner. Soon enough, I'm exhausted so I go to bed.

The next morning, I have a text from Phil. My car is being dropped off at ten, I just have to go get the key. Also, our meeting will be at eleven at the hospital.

I get up and brush my teeth. Then I just wait around until a few minutes before ten and then run downstairs. I get the key from the man dropping off my car who has already parked.

After that I go back upstairs and get ready for the meeting. I debate putting makeup on, but I really don't feel like it today. Sure, my face is banged up and I have a massive black eye, but we're all Academy anyways. It's nothing new.

       I put my hair up in a low ponytail and get changed. I wait around a bit longer and then I leave. I like being early wherever I go. I put the hospital into my GPS because it's been a while.

        When I get to the hospital, I meet Phil in what looks like a board room.

         "So, how many Dogs are on this time?," I ask while we wait for the others to arrive.

          "Fourteen," he says.

           My jaw nearly drops, "Fourteen?" I couldn't imagine being part of a team that big.

         "Yep. They were originally two different teams, but they recently combined their teams."

       I nod and then I hear the door open behind me. I turn and watch a bunch of guys walk in and seat themselves. It seems like two are missing. But one is familiar to me.

       "Marc?"

        His head snaps up to look at me, "Nina? You're the Ghost Bird?"

         "Yeah," I look at Phil, "Very convenient I ended up at the same apartment building."

         "Oops," Phil says, "Did I forget to mention that?"

      "Yeah, you sure did."

        "Alright, well Marc and Nina, you've already met. The others can go around and introduce themselves."

          "I'm Mr. Blackbourne," one of them says. He soft brown hair that is cut short and brushed back from his face. He has steel-grey eyes that are hidden behind black-rimmed glasses. Everything about him radiates perfection.

          "I'm Dr. Green," another one says. He has sandy blond hair with gentle curls to the middle of his ears, dazzling light green eyes. "But pretty girls like you can call me Sean," he winks.

       "Could you control your hormones for once in your life, Dr. Green?," Mr. Blackbourne asks him.

        "North," this guys says, interrupting whatever Sean was about to say. He is tan with dark hair, brown eyes, and thick brows. He has a circular gold earring in his left earlobe as well as a cord around his neck holding a Japanese symbol pendant.

          The guy next to him seems to be his exact opposite. He has blonde hair that nearly touches his shoulders, brown eyes, and high cheekbones. I'm Luke," he greets me with a big smile.

      I hear the door open behind me again suddenly and before I can turn around, I hear a voice that makes me freeze in my spot. "Sorry we're late." It's been a long time, but I would know that voice anywhere.

      I want to get up and leave the room. Anything to avoid what's about to happen. I wasn't prepared for this, I never thought I would see him again.

      I hear Axel and whoever is with him walk around the table to take the two empty seats. I look down. I know, it's dumb, but I don't know what else to do.

      "Hey, I'm Axel," I hear as he sits down.

       I force myself to look up at him and his eyes grow wide. "Sang?"

      I say nothing. I'm torn between wanting to ask a million questions or slapping him.

       "You two know each other?," Phil asks.

        "Yeah," Axel answers him.

         "Wait, what the fuck? I thought your name was Nina," one of the boys says, but I don't look to see who said it.

     I look around the room, trying to avoid Axel. I turn to Phil and laugh uncomfortably, "Looks like my cover is blown."

———-

Hope you guys enjoyed! The fun stuff starts next chapter!