All I Do Is Think Of You

It's one in the morning and I bet you think im in bed trying to sleep, well thats not the case at all. Instead, I find myself in the back of Melanie's house staring up to at her bedroom window. I know that sounds stalkerish but I can't wait to talk to her.

I noticed that her window was cracked open so I went for it, "Mel!" I yelled but I still tried to be quiet knowing that her parents could be anywhere around the house, "Mel" I called out again.

Still nothing. I looked down at the grass and saw a few small stones laying around. I picked them up and one by one i started to toss them until one actually went in the room followed by a girl screaming, "Oww!" I can tell by the voice that it wasnt Melanie. I guess she's having one of those girls weekend again.

I saw a shadow come to the window then I finally saw her. She looked surprise to see me. She opened the window up a little bit more then stuck her head out, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you,"

"At one in the morning?"

"Yes, its important so can you come down please?"

"...Give me a minute"

I waited for a few mintues until I seen her kitchen light turn on then the back door opened. She stepped out in her pink pajama bottoms and a matching tank top. I smiled and met her half wait, "How you doing?" I asked

"I was trying to sleep until Krissy screamed, you better hope she dont remember that,"

"My bad," I laughed a little bit.

"So whats so important that you have to talk to me this late?"

"You know I called you earlier today right?"

"Yeah, my sister told me"

"Why you aint call me back?"

"Cause," She shrugged her shoulders, "I guess I forgot" I know she didn't but im gonna let it slid because im here now, "I know that is not what you came here for"

"No, Melanie why do we keep playing?"

"What do you mean keep playing?"

"Playing these little games like we dont wanna be together, I knew I liked you before but after we kissed, that's all that's been on my mind" She stood there silent and just looked at me. I was waiting for her to say something but she never did, "Are you gonna say something?"

She sighed, "Trey I dont think we would work out"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean who you are doesnt work with who I am,"

I looked at her like was just speaking fluent chinese to me, "What in the world does that mean?"

"Tremaine you're too, out there for me"

"Out there" I questioned.

"Im tryna be nice and not call you a man whore"

"I know how you think I am but im not that way"

"Trey dont lie in my face"

"Im not lying, what do I have to do to make you see im sincere about all this?"

"I dont know, show me I guess"

"Fine" Before she could say anything else, I pulled her close and kissed her. I know she had to feel something from it because I sure did, just like last time. I pulled away and looked into her eyes, "You had to feel that"

"Trey..I..like you but..." Im tired of her buts, these excuses are already getting old and its making me mad. I cut her off, "Your still saying but, Mel" I sighed, "You know what fine, I can't force you to be with me so i'll just drop it, but dont think about getting mad when you see me with other girls" I turned away from her and started to walk off but then I turned back to her and said, "Remember this day Mel, you'll live to regret it"

Mariah was laying on my chest as she watched the movie. Me, im in deep thought, I didnt even realize I been staring at the wall for the longest.

"Unc Trey,"

I looked down at Mariah, "Yes"

"Im sorry"

I looked at her puzzled, "Sorry for what?"

"Telling on you"

I laughed, "It's okay, Mariah"

"Aunt Mel isnt mad"

"Is that what she said?"

"Uh huh, and she said you said mean stuff to her"

I sighed, I dont think what I said was that horrible but Melanie was always sensative, "I might have"

"Are you gonna apollo...gize"

I laughed, "Next time I see her I will" She smiled at me then laid her head back on my chest.

By time the movie went off Mariah was already asleep. I picked her up and laid her back in my room. I went back to the livingroom to clean up the mess we made. I didnt expect someone to be at the door, "Coming" I didnt expect for Melanie to be the one at the door either.

"Hi," She simply greeted me.

I looked at her not trying to smile, "Wassup,"

"I just wanted to see Mariah before I go to sleep,"

"Um she's sleep,"

"Oh okay, well see you then I guess,"

She turned around to go back to her place but I stopped her, "Wait" She turned back around, "Can you come in for a minute please" she sighed then walked right past into my place. I shut the door after her.

"How was the reunion, I havent seen you all together in a long time"

"I know, making that happen was not easy, and they're all still over there knocked out all over my livingroom"

"Arent yall too old for the sleep over?" I joked

"You're never too old"

We both laughed but it shortly stopped. I sighed, "Look Mel about the other day, im sorry"

"What, did Mariah tell you to say that"

"Ah you think your funny...No"

She laughed, "Well thanks for apologizing, not sure if you meant it but atleast you said it"

Somethings never change I see. She yawned, "You tired?"

She shook her head, "Very, so im gonna get going"

"Wait"

"What now, Trey"

"I got some of your mail again"

She rolled her eye's, "Now Trey, come on"

"Before I forget, just go sit on the couch i'll be back"

"Fine," She went to go sit down and I began to walk to my room but then I stopped in my tracks as I started thinking about underwear and things being inside the couch, "No I cleaned all that" I said under my breath.

It took me about five minutes to remember where I put the mail. I know it wasnt that imortant to give to her now but I just needed more time to talk her. I walked back out the livingroom, "Here you go," I said as I looked through the mail.

When I didnt hear a response I looked up to see Melanie laid out across my couch sleep. I smiled to myself, I don't plan on waking her up but now I have to think about wether I should leave her on the couch or take her in my room...my room.