A Sunday Afternoon - Like Friends Do

"Oi, you're late." Tsukishima stood in front of Matsuhashi Book Store.

"What? No I'm not!" They pulled out their phone, "Look, it's 3:58! I'm early!" They said with a smirk.

"Yeah, right. C'mon."

Tsukishima opened the door and went into the store first, Y/N right behind him. Both immediately headed to opposite sides of the store.

Tsukishima went to the Science section while Y/N went towards the manga. After about 20 minutes, Tsukishima went to find Y/N in the store, with a book in hand.

Upon approaching the manga section, he found Y/N crouched on the floor of the collectable aisle, staring intensely at the bottom shelf.

"Baka, what are you doing?" He stood next to them, looking down.

"I can't decide." Y/N muttered.

"What?"

"A keychain, or a poster? The poster is more expensive, but it's limited time. But the keychain is my favorite character, whereas the poster is an ensemble of all of the main characters." Y/N was going over everything out loud.

"Get the poster, you can come back for the keychain anytime."

Y/N sighed, "You're right." Though they kept staring at the keychain.

"Do you even want the poster?"

"Yeah." They said in a dull tone.

"Then why are you sad over it?" Tsukishima was confused at Y/N's behavior.

"I'm not. But something bad happened to Fushiguro in the last chapter, I hope he's ok." Y/N pouted, still staring at the keychain of her favorite character.

"Whatever, just get your poster and let's go." He smacked them on the head with the book he was holding.

"Itai, itai! Ahh, that hurt! Why is that book so thick?" The shock made them stand up.

"It's over 500 pages." Tsukishima held the book out towards Y/N so they could look at it.

"Discovering.. Fossils? Oh?" They were confused. "Woah! Tsukki, is this whole thing in English?" Their confusion had turned into curiosity.

"Yes. It's about finding dinosaur fossils. It's a fictional story, but the information used is all factual." Tsukishima seemed to light up when talking about this topic, which Y/N oddly found heartwarming.

"Are you really that good at English? You're gonna read this whole thing??" Y/N knew Tsukishima was smart, but they didn't think he was fluent enough in English to read such an advanced book.

"Of course I am. It can't be that difficult." Tsukishima boasted with overconfidence.

Y/N snickered, "Ah, Tsukki, you're only beginner level at English aren't you?"

"Urusai. If it's difficult for me that's all the more reason to read it, so I can get better at English." Tsukishima reasoned.

"Sugoi~ Tsukki is so cool and smart~" Y/N teased.

"*Kuso kurae." Tsukishima cussed at them.
*eat shit

"*Nanchatte- Why do you want to be fluent in English anyways? Are you planning to work overseas?" They said as they gave him back his book, and grabbed the keychain rather than the poster.
*Just kidding

"No. I'm proficient enough in it at school, so, I don't have much of a reason to learn it more. I just wanna read this book." The pair started towards the register.

Nothing But a Sparkling Glance [Tsukishima x Y/N]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें