25 // Love Inconvenience

Love Inconvenience

So, I skipped Halloween.

When September started, the Christmas feels did, too. And then, in November it was halloween—where it got weird because there'd be some kind of Santa and creepy pumpkins cross-over, y'know?

On the brighter side, though, our sales were still good during spooky November. Apparently, many wanted to be Corpse Bride. And being a bride, you wanna have gorgeous flowers when you strut down the aisle. And being a corpse bride, you wanna have the flowers pitch black.

This was a late evening at Daily Bloom, and the first time I stayed this late with Auntie in the store. We also had Julio here for some help, because darn I didn't know November rush was a thing until now. But this is New York and everyone scurried, only it felt detestable as the last month of the year approached.

"Auntie, we ran out of black roses. Do you want me to paint on the white ones?"

Tumawa si Julio at tinapik ang balikat ko nang daanan ako. "You're crazy."

I rolled my eyes and made face. It was actually a serious question, though. We really didn't have black roses anymore.

"Paparating na ang in-order ko, Snooki. There will be no painting to happen."

"E 'di bummer." Umupo ako sa highchair at pumangalumbaba sa countertop ng cash register. "Boss, 'di ka pa po pagod? You should go home. I'll stay."

"Maglilinis pa rito. Tutulungan ko na kayo."

I hopped out from the chair and immediately yelled to call Julio. He got out quickly from the cold room. "Ihatid mo na si Auntie. I'll stay a little longer."

Auntie sighed. Tinanggal na rin naman niya ang apron niya at hindi na tumanggi. Halatang-halata sa kanya ang pagod. The old gal needed to rest, she'd been busy because the preps for her wedding next year had started already.

"And, Snooki? While we're gone, don't paint," tukso pa ni Julio.

"Oh, shut up!"

That kid!

After seeing them go, I went back inside the store and began cleaning, so when Julio comes back we'd have less to clean. Especially with the workbench of Tonette. It was chaotic and covered with all things flowers. She was always organized and clean, and the table being in disarray was one proof that flower boss was indeed tired.

Nililinis ko ang table ni Auntie nang marinig kong may pumasok sa store. Kumunot ang noo ko. I knew we had our door sign flipped to Closed many hours ago.

So, I yelled, "Sorry, we're already closed! Please come back tomorrow! Have a great night—"

Natigilan ako nang sumilip sa pinto ng cold room iyong pumasok sa store. Like usual, he's still in his corporate attire.

Tumalikod kaagad ako at para ayusing mabilis ang bangs ko. My hair was tied up in a bun, but it had become messy over time. I didn't have time to fix myself because there was so much to do.

"Akala ko busy ka?" mahina at nahihiya kong tanong. Bumalik na ako sa paglilinis nang pumasok siya, and while I was hoping he wouldn't mind the strayed locks of my hair.

"Yes, busy."

Umupo siya sa upuan ni Auntie, habang ako naman ay nakatayo at inaabot iyong kabilang parte ng mesa para punasan.

"Hindi ka pa ba uuwi?" Pinaglalaruan niya sa kamay iyong gunting habang pinapanood ako.

"Uuwi na rin pagkabalik dito ni Julio."