Chapter 39 - "A Warlock"

Start from the beginning

The ones who got there first saw everything that happened. It was unbelievable! They saw what happened with their own eyes!

It was Chan, creating magic.

Powerful and strong indeed. They have never seen a minor like him—kill a creature seven times bigger as their actual size! It was shocking yet expected. Besides, they already knew Chan was one of the gifted before they left the human world.

A big, purple, sparkling, orb was formed around pne of the youngest' hands. Chan shifted his gaze on it and his eyes widen. He didn't know he was capable to do such a thing.

"What just happened?..."

_ _ _

The boys gathered around the site. It was all clean yet they aren't ready to leave yet.

"Chan! We're so proud of you!"

Of what seems to be an angry Jeonghan ealier, is now happy and proud at the younger. Pinching his cheeks til' they turn red, having a wide grin across hi face.

"I can't believe you've used magic for the first time! I—"

Jeonghan suddenly froze still once he removes his hands from Chan's cheeks to reveal a symbol. The exact same one as Samuel saw on the day he passed out.

It was the same glowing, blue, flame symbol.

The older's eyes widen and slowly stepped away. The others began to surround the clueless little boy, and gasps once they saw the symbol on his cheek.

"Your cheek..."

"Yep, hes definitely a warlock." A voice said from behind.

They looked over to where the voice was coming from, yet only led to Wonwoo— who came back from the woods, helping Mingyu out with his sprained ankle.

Soonyoung and Seokmin didn't think twice and helped out the poor creature walk, leading him to one of the horses as they let him settle down. Wonwoo brushed ofd his clothes and huffed.

"What do you mean?" Minghao questioned.

"He's a warlock I presume. He's got the magic that no other can do besides a powerful creature like his kind." Wonwoo explained. "He's half human, which means his mom is surely a witch."

"A witch you say?" Chan slowly mumbled. He couldn't quite remember his childhood. Well, not like there is to remember, right?

Wrong.

Chan could remember a time where he accidentally entered his mother's work shop. It was still a blur but he was sure it wasn't just a dream nor hallucinations.

He could clearly remember. His mom sweetly smiling at him, while caressing his soft, rosy, red cheeks when he was still a child. That sweet smile Chan would fight for. He loved his mother so much. If he even had a choice back then, he would stay by his mother's side and protect her.

But sadly, she was taken away by the light. It's a good thing, right? She's now happy on whetr she is now.

"Wonwoo hyung is telling the truth." Chan blurted out, balling his fists. "My mom is a witch."

Chan began to explain every single detail he remembers about his mom. And from just the looks of it, Chan cherishes his mom more than the world.

The boys quickly understood, Chan is the type of person to easily get hurt, he has a fragile heart. So, the better thing to do is comfort the other. The boy felt a bunch of arms wrap around him, making him warm in their embrace.

He could feel the light pink blush on his face, it was embarrassing him bur he liked how the others truly care for him. His eyes began to water as soft sobs began to escape his lips.

Jeonghan parted and pouted, cupping up the little boy's cheeks as tears flowed down his face.

"Why are you crying? There's nothung to cry about Chan! You have us, and we'll promise to always to take care of you."

Although Chan didn't like he was treated like a baby by Jeonghan. Somehow, this time was different. The atmosphere is comforting and sweet, something Chan never really felt in a long time.

The small warlock couldn't help but smile, while wiping off the tear drops from his face. The boys stood in awe—well, not until Chan hiccuped causing the trees around them to shake.

And that's when they knew his true colors are showing. But it could be a little dangerous, especially if he has no control on his powers.

"Jeez! We better be careful with you next time." Samuel giggled.

"We officially know your powers Chan! You are a—

A gifted warlock."

_ _ _

Hey! Guess who's back ;)

Some fluff here for you! Because Seventeen's friendship and teamwork is the best. ♥

Anyways, I'm doing a Q&A on the next chapter. So feel free to comment all the questions you want me to answer here!