| 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯

A demon is a supernatural entity, typically associated with evil. In Christian demonology, there are several types, souls of the dead who had been wicked, and fallen angels, who were Satan's allies and cast out of heaven.

»»————««

💙

a m o r a

It was my tenth birthday when my father announced to my mother and I that he had to leave again.

I remember it, clear as day. It was a windy August morning. I sat in the kitchen, the smell of eggs and bacon was overpowering as they sizzled on the stove. We had house elves to cook and clean, but breakfast was the one meal my mother always insisted on making for me.

He came in, a large bag slung over his shoulder. He also already had his coat and boots on. It's time, he said just as my mother was sliding the eggs onto my plate. She had been confused.

What? I thought you weren't to leave for at least another month!

He shook his head. He calls us now, Ruby.

Where are you going, daddy?

Never you mind, love, he ruffled my hair. I grumbled, because I had taken extra care to comb my hair in such a manner that the waves lay perfectly over my shoulders.

My mother saw him to the door. Must you really go? You've only just come back last year. You've barely gotten to know your daughter.

I'm doing this for us, Ruby.

We've been loyal to him for ages. When has he ever followed through on his promises?

I told you, he has a plan. When he wins, we'll be selected to be part of his official council. Don't you want a better life for Amora?

We already have everything we need, Evan. A daughter, and a house large enough to fit five more.

I didn't hear the rest. It was not important to me at the time, I was too young to understand. I scarfed my breakfast down. By the time I was done, he'd gone.

We barely heard from him since then. He sent letters to my mother, never to me. She let me read them sometimes. They were always superficial, telling us that he was doing well, and that they were one step closer to victory.

The letters also mentioned names I found vaguely familiar: Rowle, Malfoy, Lestrange, Carrow. I'd met them at various social events and parties, like our yearly Christmas gatherings, which were - in the words of my father -"only for the best of the Wizarding families".

It was at such an affair that I first met Erebus. We had both reached for the same glass of pumpkin juice at the kids' table, and we were inseparable ever since. There were other children as well. I still remembered their names: Draco Malfoy, Theodore Nott, Vincent Crabbe, and Pansy Parkinson.

They were much older than us, and there came a year when they had to leave for Hogwarts. After that, they no longer wanted to join Erebus and me, preferring to stick with their families and be introduced around like proper adults.

There had also been another girl, Hannah Abbott, but her father had forbidden her to ever play with us. Perhaps even amongst the elite, there was favouritism and intolerance.

"True purebloods" and honour were all they ever seemed to talk about at these functions. And so Erebus and I would continue to sneak away, sniggering about how boring and grown-up they all were. We promised each other that we would never be like them, snotty, pompous, and arse-licking.