15 - C H R I S T M A S P A R T Y

Start from the beginning

I was wearing a sparkly blue dress, it hugged my figure tightly and reached to the half of my thigh. I blushed, "I'll never get tired of hearing you say it."

He grabbed onto my cheek, "I'll never get tired of saying it."

Our moment was interrupted by Oliver walking over to us with his date, Katie Bell. "Okay love birds, get a room!"

I awkwardly giggled. "Elliot, this is my friend Oliver."

"You're the Gryffindor team captain, right? I've seen your games, you're really good," said Elliot.

"Don't lie to the poor boy!" Interrupted Char, walking in with Hermione. She seemed very tense once when she saw me.

"I'll go get us drinks," Hermione sighed and walked away.

Suddenly everyone became quiet and looked across the room. Everyone's attention was now on Draco and Professor Filch. "Professor Slughorn sir, I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party," said Professor Filch.

"Okay okay, I was gate crashing! Happy?" Said Draco, he seemed anxious.

Snape walked up to Draco, "I'll escort him out."

"Certainly, professor." Draco looked at me up and down as his eyes flared.

What the hell was all that about? I noticed his breathing was heavy as if he wasn't supposed to get caught in whatever he was doing.

"What's got his knickers in a twist?" Said Oliver while laughing.

I should probably go check on him. I just want to make sure he's doing okay. I hadn't seen him like this, he seemed too nervous.

"Elliot, I'll be right back," I said with a hurried voice.

"You alright?" He asked with a worried expression.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just need to use the loo," and with that, I was gone from the party and into the halls, looking for Draco.

After minutes of lurking in the halls, I stopped myself to think. Was this a good idea? Looking for Draco? I always found myself running back to him even when he was in the wrong. This isn't healthy, he said hurtful things to me and I continue to look for him.

My thoughts got interrupted when I saw Snape walking away from Draco. I waited Until Snape was completely gone and proceeded to walk up to him. I hesitated but then spoke, "Draco, are you okay?"

He looked down at me and his nose flared. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know if you were okay," I looked down and began playing with my fingers. "You seemed anxious and"-

He interrupted me, "Why do you keep doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Chasing after me."

"I-I care about you Draco, you know that. Even if you don't, I always will."

There was a long silence. I can feel his eyes staring at me as moments pass by. He put his fingers under my chin forcing me to look up at him. We were now extremely close to each other. He tilted his head as he continued to look at me. "You're right, I don't. Now get the fuck out of my face."

I felt small underneath him. I didn't know how to react. How can he be so cruel? I watched as he walked away, his figure becoming smaller by the second. No, this can't be happening right now, I'm not going to let myself.

I marched closer to him and eventually shoved him against the wall. "What the hell is wrong with you? You're a complete asshole!" I yelled and continued shoving him against the wall. He didn't fight back, he continued letting me push him. "What? You're not going to fight back? But with Elliot, you didn't hesitate, just hit me!"

A confused look grew on his face. "I'm not going to fucking hit you, you're crazy." He growled.

"Why not? You've hurt me so many times you might as well do it this way too!"

He finally grabs onto my wrists and pins me against the wall. "When will you ever learn? All I'm ever going to do is hurt you. That's why you need to stay away from me. I'm not good for you, that'll never work."

"But it will work, I know it will Draco."

"It's not! You deserve so much better Eva."

Eva. That's the first time he's ever said my first name. I liked hearing him say it. I noticed his grip on my wrists became a lot tighter, almost too tight, I felt a slight burning on my arms. "Draco, let go of me," I whined.

"You deserve flowers. You deserve coffee every morning. You deserve honesty every day. You deserve to be reminded of how beautiful you are. I can't give you that."

I'd be melting at his words if it weren't for his tight grip, I became feeling uncomfortable underneath him. I usually loved his dominance, but not today. I slightly smelled alcohol coming from him, he's drunk. That's why he's saying all of this, or else he wouldn't be.

"Draco, you're hurting me," I groaned.

His eyes widened when he heard me. He immediately let go of me which caused me to fall. I looked at my wrists which were now burning red and were hurting at the sensitive parts. He knelt in front of me and gently grabbed my arms, looking at what he did. A worried look grew on his face. "I'm, I'm a fucking idiot. I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's fine."

We stared at each other for many moments, he continued to grab onto my wrist and began to gently massage it, easing the pain. He was being very gentle with me, I can tell he felt bad for what he had done. What's going to happen after this? Is he going to continue being nice, or is he going to go back to being a jerk?

"It's getting late, I should go. My friends are probably looking for me," I said.

His face grew with disappointment. "I'll walk you."

We both got up and began walking down the halls and into the Ravenclaw tower. He was awfully quiet with a blank expression. The only noise I heard was our footsteps.

We finally arrived and we both awkwardly just stood there. Should I speak up?

"Draco"-

"Eva"-

We both spoke at the same time. "What will you be doing over break?" He asked.

"I'm going home to my mother. I haven't seen her in a long time since she's been in the muggle world."

He looked away from me and his lip curled. "Muggles," he said with a dark tone.

"Yes, muggles. What will you be doing?" I asked.

His face turned dark. "I'll be going home as well."

"Well thank you for walking me, it's past hours try not to get caught."

"Don't worry about me," he said and walked away.

I continued watching as his figure became smaller. I'm going to go two full weeks without seeing him. I got used to seeing him every day, the pure thought of it made me feel a little disappointed. It hasn't even been a minute and I'm already missing him. Did he mean what he said earlier? Was he drunk? He seemed sober just right now, maybe someone just spilled alcohol on him.

-

HI BEAUTIES! I told my friend about this story. Can everyone welcome Heather? I hope you are all doing well, I love you. <3