Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)

Start from the beginning

"Attempted assault on Alice's wife, Lily."

Alice got married to a girl she had been dating for about a year, and at the wedding as the couple was running out of the building, Genissa attacked Lily, who was Alice's new wife. Alice managed to fend her off, but Genissa managed to scratch Lily's arm with an ice dagger, and then backup came and Genissa was arrested. She wouldn't be in jail for long, unfortunately. And Genissa probably won't leave Alice alone, either. She was still in love with Alice.

"Poor Lily," Ruby said.

"Wasn't Lily the date Alice had when Genissa tried to ruin their date at the restaurant?" Danna asked.

Ruby nodded.

"I'm glad Genissa didn't ruin their relationship. Alice is awesome and deserves love from someone other than Genissa," Nova said.

"We all knew Genissa was a little crazy, but she really cracked," Adrian said.

"I almost feel sorry for her. Almost," Ruby said.

"Eh, serves her right," Danna said.

Oscar took a cookie and began nibbling on it, which earned him a dirty look from Danna.

"Eric is so cute," Nova said, changing the subject. Ruby smiled and rubbed her son's forehead with her thumb.

He was very, very new, born only about a week ago. That's why they needed help decorating their house.

"It's going to be a very new year. Not just because of the year changing, but we're going into the new year with a bigger family," Nova said.

"I'm going to check on the girls. They've been too quiet," Adrian said.

Ruby looked out the window.

"It's snowed quite a bit. Maybe we should start decorating," Ruby said. "And hopefully get it all done before it's gets too bad."

Nova nodded.

"Nova!" Adrian yelled.

He came running out with Tala.

"What?" Nova asked.

"Her breathing is really shallow." Adrian said, panicked.

Nova listened to her young daughter, who was taking fast and shallow breaths.

Ruby and Oscar looked at each other.

"Oscar will stay here and look after Georgia and Eric. Danna is driving to the hospital. You are going in an ambulance," Ruby barked as Oscar talked to a 911 operator.

The ambulance came, and it rushed Nova, Adrian, and Baby Tala to the hospital. Oscar stayed behind, and Ruby and Danna drove to the hospital in Danna's SUV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The EMT was trying his best to calm down the new parents. His co worker was sitting down with Nova, patting her back.

Adrian was freaking out and Nova was staying quiet, her head down, looking anywhere but at her baby.

So much for a perfect Christmas.

"If I had to guess, it's probably asthma. It's a nuisance, but most people with asthma go on to lead very full lives," The EMT said.

"If the ambulance doesn't get to the hospital soon, Tala won't have a life to live!" Adrian snapped.

The EMT looked at his partner, who was sitting next to Nova and patting her back.

She shook her head, sending the message of "Don't take it personally, he's just worried."