Chapter 13 (Part 1) || Drunkenly Peeing Into A Bucket

Chapter 13 (Part 1) || Drunkenly Peeing Into A Bucket 

"I can't believe we're doing this!" Elle squeals excitedly, steering her car into a vacant parking space. "I haven't been to a party since God knows when."

"Yeah, it's exciting."

"And we all know whose fault that is," she continues, sending me a pointed look.

"Hey, I didn't say you couldn't go to a party. I just said that I didn't do parties," I tell her, and Elle's expression twists into one of disbelief.

"You're my only friend. As if I'd go to a party without you," she scoffs. I send her a look, as if to say 'you have plenty of friends', and she sighs, "Okay, fine. But I don't have many friends that I can actually bear being around."

"Gee, I'm honoured," I reply, unbuckling my seat belt and grabbing my purse.

"You should be," she states, mirroring my actions and unbuckling her own seatbelt. "Now, come on. It's party time," she grins, stepping out of the car.

"That's the thousandth time you've said that tonight," I remark, hopping out of the car and following her along the footpath. "And how do you know where Max lives?"

"The question is; how don't you know, my friend," she replies, and I roll my eyes amusedly.

She was right, though. Almost every weekend Max throws these amazing parties to which half the school attends. So, whether it's by word of mouth or whether you actually attend those infamous parties, everyone knows where Max lives.

Some see that as being legendary, but I think it is downright creepy. Imagine the entire student body knowing where you live. Yikes!

"Touché."

As we head closer to Max's house, the faint sound of music floated down the quiet street. Elle wriggles her eyebrows excitedly, whilst I just smile back anxiously; unable to shake away the feeling of nervousness within me. This will be my first ever high school party - and a very eventful one at that.

It's only a few minutes of walking until we finally reach Max's house and my mouth falls agape at the sight of it. It's interior was bursting with different coloured lights which shoot out of the windows and into the street. Music blares from inside the house and teenagers flood the block; smoking, chatting, dancing, kissing, and drunkenly peeing into a bucket.

"Ew," Elle's face scrunches up in disgust and I pull my gaze away from the drunk boy. Was this what a high school party was like? If so, I don't really understand the big hype of it. It really only seemed like a bunch of teenagers getting drunk, getting high, hooking up, listening to deafening music and doing silly things.

"Come on, Elle," I say, grabbing Elle's hand and dragging her to the house. The front door opens and the music floods out of the house and into our ears. Elle shoots me a sideways glance and I smile nervously in response as we step into the building.

Masses of students are crowded together inside the main room, dancing to music played by a young DJ who appeared to be in his early 20s. My nervousness immediately floods away from me, replaced with excitement.

Okay, so I may be a little out of my comfort zone, but I'd be okay. This party looks relatively fun.

And besides, I have Elle with me.

I glance sideways to find Elle not next to me and I frown. My eyes scan the room to find her already dancing on the dance floor with a guy. I sigh to myself wistfully, wishing that I was as wild and as extroverted as she is. Sometimes its just plain boring being uptight.

"Bronte!" A familiar male voice cheers from behind.

"Hey Max," I beam, turning around to face him. As per usual, Max looks casual yet attractive. And to validate my point, almost every girl in this room was checking him out - Myself included. "Cool party!"

Cool party? I cringe.

"Uh, yeah," he laughs, amused by my awkwardness, "I'm glad you could make it."

"Yeah, I'm glad I could make it too."

Max smiles a dimply smile back at me and waves his hand for me to follow him, "I'll get you a drink," he offers.

I nod my head and follow suit, pushing through the crowds of sweaty teenagers. I spot Alec, Chase and Reece playing beer pong with a bunch of other guys and girls, though I see no Blake. Alec waves at me enthusiastically and I return the gesture. 

When we arrive in the kitchen, Max fishes out two bottles and presents them to me, "A. Beer or B. Vodka."

I spot a few empty bottles of lemonade sitting on the counter, before replying, "I choose C. Lemonade - if you have any, that is," I reply with a sheepish laugh. Max chuckles at my response and opens the fridge.

"We just ran out of lemonade, I'm afraid," he replies after a moment; his eyes scanning over the contents in the fridge, "What about D. Water?"

I smile and nod my head eagerly. I was very thirsty. No pun intended, you dirty readers, you. "D it is."

He hands me a glass of water and I chug it down before shooting him a bright smile. I had already broken a sweat upon my arrival at his party and so a cool glass of water was exactly what I needed.

"Wanna dance?" he asks, nodding his head over in the direction of the dance floor. I nod my head and he holds out a hand for me, which I gladly take.

We then make our way to the dance floor, squeezing past the mass of sweaty, dancing bodies until we reach the middle. Max grins and we begin to dance, bouncing up and down and swaying around the dance floor. It was fun to let loose with Max. He didn't seem to be judging me every second, like Blake does. And he was fun - a lot of fun.

"Thank you for inviting me!" I shout over the music, smiling giddily over at him.

"My pleasure," he replies. Moments later, a friend of Max's comes up to us and mutters something to Max. His dimply smile falls into a frown and he nods his head, "Hey Bronte. You'll be okay on your own for a few minutes? Some drunk fuck-tard threw a chair out of my parents' bedroom window and apparently he's throwing a fit now. I'll be right back." Without waiting for a response, he turns and rushes off, disappearing into the crowd of people.

I smile to myself as I reflect on the night so far. Everything was going great. I was having a blast with Max, Elle was having a blast, and not a Blake was in sight.

"Hello, princess," a familiar voice speaks.

I guess I spoke too soon.