"Or what, Black?"

"Or I will make sure you end up in St. Mungo's instead of the school's hospital wing this time," Sirius said with clenched teeth.

"Okay, both of you stop it!" I said, "Theo, just do your work and don't throw snide comments. If you don't do your part, I'll tell Professor Sprout."

Thankfully, he listened and did his part. We all worked in silence after that. Once the bell rang signaling the end of class, Theo rushed out like there was a basilisk chasing him. I sighed.

"He's being a douche, Ay, just ignore him and he will move on eventually," Angie said, looping her arm around mine as we exited the class.

"I know, but the fact that we are partners in both Herbology and DADA does not really help," I told her.

"We can ask the professor to switch partners in DADA," said Caroline from behind me, looping her arm around my other one.

"Yeah, we didn't start any projects yet, so I guess the professor will allow it," Lily said from beside Caroline, "Plus, you are his favorite."

"I can be your partner," Caroline said. All of us looked at her.

"What about Remus?" asked Angie carefully.

"Well, Theo can be his partner. I'm sure Remus is mature enough to not start fights or take his baits," she said. She discreetly squeezed my arm.

"Fine by me," I said, "We'll ask the professor before class."

The girls and I kept walking towards potions and talking, not noticing the boys behind us who heard everything.

We arrived at the class a few minutes early and took our seats.

"Are you alright?" asked Sirius.

"Yeah, just can't wait till this day is over," I answered him. I can swear I saw him smirk.

"I meant about what happened with Argent back in Herbology," he said.

"Oh. Yeah, I'm fine. I just hope that after today, he will stop bothering me and spreading rumors," I told him.

"Hopefully. I barely held myself back there. He was so low."

"I know. I almost slapped him. I would've if we weren't in class," I said.

"So, you didn't deny feeling a romantic connection with me," Sirius smirked.

I looked at the table, organizing my things so he wouldn't notice my blush.

"I didn't want to start an argument which he wouldn't understand, because he doesn't want to understand or believe," I said.

"You're still not denying it," he said.

"There is nothing to deny because it doesn't exist. Plus, it's the connection with the admirer that I didn't deny," I said.

"Whatever you say," he said still smirking.

"You have your future girlfriend, go focus on her love life, not mine," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Jealous?"

"Nope. By the way, Caroline is going to be my new partner in DADA instead of Theo," I said, changing the subject.

"We overheard you in the corridor. Remus was shocked. He didn't think he messed up that bad," said Sirius.

"Caroline is hurt and confused as to the fact of why he treated her like that. It's not like she confessed to him or did anything. They were just studying normally and he suddenly changed," I sighed.

"I know. He's being an idiot and now he himself is confused after achieving his goal of driving her away," Sirius mumbled the last part under his breath but I heard him anyway. I decided not to question him because I already know why Remus wanted to drive Caroline away.

Professor Slughorn came in and the class started. Here we go.

The rest of the week dragged unbelievably slowly. Friday finally came and I was waiting for the letter that will reveal my admirer. Nothing came in the morning. I was disappointed. Did he chicken out? I asked Caroline that when we sat in the almost empty common room after dinner. Only a few students were around and the rest were probably enjoying the outdoors before curfew.

"No, Ay, he didn't chicken out, and if he doesn't reveal himself by tomorrow, I will tell you who it is," said Caroline. 

Just as she said that, we heard an owl hoot. We looked at the open window and we saw it perched there with a letter and a package tied to its leg. I walked to the window and took the letter and the package from it. It flew away after I gave it some treat. 

I looked at the envelope and saw my name written on it in the admirer's handwriting. I opened it and saw two parchments. One had another poem written on it.

If I could have all the time in the world,I know what I would do:I'd spend the timeIn pleasure sublime,Just by being with you. 

I smiled as I read it then unfolded the second parchment.

Athena, this is the last time that I will tell you that I love you. At least without you freaking out. I'm sure you will once you know who I am, and if you decide to give me a chance, I won't be able to say it to your face for a while so I wouldn't scare you. I truly love you, Athena. All the poems in the world couldn't describe my feelings for you. I promise to love and cherish you forever. I know that my chances with you are close to zero, but I couldn't take it. Seeing you every day, my feelings for you grow daily, I couldn't stand it. I decided to be a real Gryffindor and put my heart on the line. Just know that even if you decided not to give me a chance now, I will always love you. Oh, how I wish to say it to your face one day.

Meet me tonight at 10 o'clock at the astronomy tower. Please wear the necklace. It will mean a lot to me.

I didn't know what expression I had on my face because I had no idea how to react to this. He just confessed his undying love for me. Not through a poem, but an actual letter. He is someone I probably dislike because he is under the impression that I won't give him a chance. That or he is insecure.

When the girls saw that I wasn't speaking, they rushed up to me and grabbed the letters. A minute later I heard squealing.

"My ears!" I yelled.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Open the package," said Angie.

I opened it and saw the necklace that I practically drooled over in Hogsmead a few weeks back. It even matched the bracelet. It was gold and had stars hanging from it every few inches. 

"Isn't that the necklace from Hogsmead?" Lily asked.

"Yes," I breathed. Then looked at Caroline, "Caroline did you tell him about this?"

"No," she answered and I gave her a look. "No, I didn't, he either has good taste or stalked you."

"Not important right now. It's 7:30 and you need to be ready before 10," said Lily.

"Why? He sees me every day anyway," I said.

"Oh, come on! What harm will it do to dress up a bit. This will be like your first date. You should look nice," said Angie.

"It's not a date. I still didn't accept him," I said.

"Do you think you won't give him a chance if he turns out to be someone you wouldn't under normal circumstances give him a chance?" Caroline asked.

"I think that after everything he's done and written, I should give him a chance, but I'm nervous," I confessed.

"Don't be. Whatever you choose, he will respect you. He won't hurt you as Theo did. I will support you, too," Caroline said.

"We all will," Lily added.

I smiled. I'm lucky to have them. We then headed to our dorm to get me ready.