To Friends and Family

🌲🎄🎄

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock. Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring.
Snowin' and blowin' up bushels of fun.
Now the jingle hop has begun.

Cisco was sitting at his desk in the cortex, with the same song that had been running through his head all day. It was December 23 and crime had been pretty low these past few days, so team Flash didn't have very much to do.

'Guess even criminals have to take a break sometimes' he thought.

The cortex was looking quite bland with its plain, gray walls and undecorated desks. Cisco decided that they needed to Christmas it up a bit.

"Hey guys why don't we decorate the cortex. I mean, I know Savitar's still out there, but it's still Christmas" Cisco pointed out.

"Actually I think that's a great idea" Caitlin said smiling. "I'm in."

"Yeah" Iris looked at Barry. "Me too, it could be fun." Barry returned the smile.

"Great! One tiny problem though, we don't have a Christmas tree" Cisco stated. Just then, there was a flash of yellow lightning, and not two seconds later Barry was holding a box with a Christmas tree inside it.

"I got that covered" Barry stated.

"Man! Your powers are a life saver!" Cisco exclaimed. The others stated laughing as H.R came in.

"Did I hear laughter? Oh look a Christmas tree! Yes I say it is about time we Christmasifiy this place up is it not!"

"Yes H.R I believe it is" Iris agreed.

"Well then if we are going to decorate we are going to need much more than just a Christmas tree" H.R said. "Where are the lights, the ornaments, the music! Ah yes you can't forget the music!" Barry glanced at the rest of the team, and then in a flash there were a number of boxes in front of them, each filled with ornaments, tinsel, lights, everything you could need to decorate.

"I believe I got everything except the music" Barry said smiling.

"Oh leave that, to me" Cisco said, and moments later the cortex was filled with the lovely sounds of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You.

"Ah perfect! Now shall we start decorating?" H.R asked. Noises of agreement were heard across the room as they started to decorate S.T.A.R. Labs, the music drowning out all their worries about what may come.

🌲🎄🌲

The cortex was looking quite Christmasy by the time they were done decorating. The tree had been covered in sparkling, white lights with different ornaments all around it. The silver tinsel was glittering from its place on the big cortex desk, and the paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling were dancing gracefully with the music.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A beautiful sight.
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.

"I think we did a pretty good job" Barry says.

"Yes the cortex is looking much more festive than before!" H.R said.

"Hey the annual West Christmas party is tomorrow are you guys coming?" Iris asked.

"Oh you know I'll be there. Christmas is my favorite time of year" H.R stated.

"Yeah me too, I'll definitely be there" Cisco agreed.

"You can count me in" Caitlin added. "Oh and do you think I can invite Julian?"

"Of course the more the merrier!" Barry replied.

"Ok I guess we'll see you then" Iris said as she and Barry walked out.

🌲🎄🌲

It was surprisingly quite clam in the West house this Christmas Eve. The cold wind was blowing outside, yet the West house was warm and smelled of gingerbread cookies.

"Wow Barry those cookies smell amazing!" Cecile said.

"Yeah well let's hope I don't break any of them" Barry joked.

"Trust me, we all know how good you are at doing that" Joe chuckled.

Ding dong.

"I think that's them" Wally said.

Iris went to open the door to see Cisco, Caitlin, and H.R all standing there with grins on their faces.

"Merry Christmas Eve!" They all exclaimed.

"Hey guys come on in" Iris laughed.

"Do I smell cookies?" Cisco asked.

"Yes, you do" Barry replied setting the cookies on the dining table.

"Oh my, you have gingerbread cookies!" Cisco said. Walking over to try one.

"Wow you guys are wonderful at decorating, the lights on that tree could use a little work, but other than that wonderful!" H.R said.

"Thanks H.R we try our best" Cecile smiled.

"Well let's get this party started!" Wally exclaimed turning on some Christmas music.

Soon the house was filled with chattering voices and Christmas joy. Everyone was having a great time and Julian even came by a little later.

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight!
Glories stream from heaven afar;
Heavenly hosts sing Al-le-lu-ia!

"My I have your attention please" H.R said clinking a spoon again his glass. "I would like to propose a toast. Now I know this Christmas is far from perfect, and that this year is also far from perfect, but I'm sure that having friends and family to rely on has made everything much easier. And yeah we may not have always gotten along, but the people we love, are still here. To the friends that have been with you through thick and thin, and family who have been with us since the beginning. To friends and family."

"To friends and family" everybody echoed.

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Caitlin walked over to the window, taking off the meta damper she was wearing, and looked out into the pouring rain. She put her hand up to the window.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Cisco whisper-yelled.

"Don't worry, I got this," Caitlin reassured. "We may not be able to have a perfect Christmas, but we can have a white one."

Caitlin put her hand up to the window again, and moments later, the rain had stopped, and it had started snowing. Caitlin looked at Cisco and smiled as Cisco returned the gesture.

Angels we have heard on high,
Sweetly swinging o'er the plains,
And the mountains in reply.
Echoing their joyous strains.

The rest of the night went smoothly. All their worries for the future being whisked away as the house was consumed by Christmas music. The laughter of their family echoing in the night.

🌲🎄🌲