"Is that Potter?" Someone behind the girls asks.

Evelyn watches him fall and fall and fall... her anxiety building and pressing on her stomach and causing her mind to search for a helping hand she could lend.

Nothing.

"Oh my God," she mutters in a shaking voice. All players come to a pause on their brooms to watch him near the ground. The stands have fallen into a quiet beat. The only thing that comes through the storm's ruckus is Dumbledore who stands, raises his wand, and calmly pronounces a spell to Harry.

"Aresto momentum..."

"Go," Evelyn urgently pushes Nell towards the steps of the stands. "Go!" The girls rush through the Hufflepuff stands and down the stairs, the same motions being followed by Ginny, Hermione, and Ron on the other side of the stands as well as Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, and Lupin from the faculty stands, and players begin to touch down to the floor of the Quidditch field to check on Harry.

+++

"He's a bit peaky lookin'," Ron says after a longer moment of silence.

Evelyn picks her eyes up from Harry's bedside and gives Ron a look. "Peaky?" She asks.

"He fell over a hundred feet," Fred chimes from behind his little brother.

"What do ya' expect?" George asks. Hermione glances to the two, as does Neville from their other side.

"C'mon Ron," Fred nudges his head, "let's walk you off the astronomy tower—"

"—and see what you look like."

She's too busy letting a small smirk cover her face to notice Harry's eyes fluttering open.

Evidently no one else does either until he speaks on Fred and George's commentary.

"Probably on the right side better than he normally does."

Everyone smiles, chuckles of relief falling out of them as Harry attempts to sit up, looking around the group in front of him before taking his gaze over to Evelyn sat next to him.

"How do you feel?" She asks softly.

Harry swallows, nodding to her. "Okay for a 100 foot fall," he says.

"Gave us a right scare there, mate," George sighs. He moves around the side of the bed, kneeling on the smooth stone floor of the infirmary right next to Evelyn and even starting a small spread of the group that had stood at the bed's corner since Pomphrey let them in. Fred steps to the side, Ron and Hermione near Harry on their side of the bed, and Angelina, Seamus, Nell and Neville stay put at the corner.

"Really," Evelyn says.

"Nobody blames you, Harry," Hermione speaks up. "The dementors aren't supposed to come into the grounds."

Harry hesitantly adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"We're just glad you're okay, Potter," Angelina tells him.

Ron fumbles with the bundle of wood wrapped in the first extra blanket that could be found in his arms. "And there's one more thing you should know." He waits a moment, looking to see if anyone will jump in for him. When they don't, he continues. "You see, when you fell... your broom ended up in the Whomping Willow and— well..." Hermione helps the fabric fall from the top of the bundle and Evelyn crosses her arms over her stomach, watching Harry's face as it falls at the sight of the pieces of his broom.

George glances down Evelyn's profile, stopping at her arm where the charm bracelet sits against the denim of her lap.

"We're really sorry Harry," Neville speaks up. "Tried looking for it as soon as Pomphrey was getting you in, but Filch found it just around 20 minutes ago."