"I know it wasn't your intention and I'm sorry that I was stupid enough to believe that it was," Carina says apologetically. "I know now that that wasn't the case so I am sorry too."

Lily gives her a reassuring smile. "Thank you. I appreciate that." She gives Carina a soft kiss on the temple before saying, "and I appreciate you. Take care of your leg tonight, okay?"

"Oh! Before I forget, the letter you should've picked up today for English is in the glove compartment in front of the passenger seat up there."

Lily follows her instructions and takes out a neatly folded piece of notebook paper. She places it safely in the back pocket of her jeans. "Thanks, Carina. I'll read it tonight."

Carina gives her a thumbs up and a dazzling smile in return. Lily internally groans. Why did she have to do that? Her cute little face and her cute little smile forces Lily to sneak in one last kiss before she leans back out of the car and shuts the door behind her. She then heads into Naomi's car in the backseat with Desi and Naomi already in the front.

Because they've never been to Lily's neck of the woods before, she has to give Naomi the directions the entire way. The circumstances that arose today are forcing Lily to show Naomi and Desi her safe haven and though she would have preferred that it stay private and just between her and Carina, she's not worried about it. Naomi's sense of direction is atrocious so it's not like she'll remember where it is anyways. And Desi's just there for the ride, but she's clueless most of the time too.

During the drive, Desi slowly and creepily turns around in her seat and grins at Lily like an idiot. "What?" Lily asks after a moment, looking at her oddly.

"You and Carina were getting very friendly today," Desi says suggestively, adding a wink for good measure. "I haven't seen you this happy lately."

Lily blushes. "She makes me happy. I know you guys aren't stupid and could tell that there was some beef going on between us the past few days, but things were resolved today."

"If you don't mind my asking," Naomi begins as she glances back at Lily through the rearview mirror, "but what did happen between the both of you? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, of course."

Well, things are better between them no so it's not like there's any harm in telling them. Besides, they know all about the letters anyways and they're probably dying to hear about what happened. Lily and Carina let the air out today so it might be best to talk about it now and never have to mention it again.

"Well, I told her that it was me who has been writing to her."

"WHAT?" Naomi and Desi scream in surprise, making Lily jump in fear. Naomi even swerves the car in the other lane a bit as they snap their heads back to look at her. The car in the other lane honks and dodges them before speeding up past them and giving them the dirtiest look.

"NORMANI, IF YOU DON'T CALM DOWN WE ARE GOING TO DIE AND YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE STORY!" Lily shouts, heart racing in fear. Naomi hasn't always been the most.... skilled driver in the world but never has Lily feared for her life more than right now. She makes a note never to get into a car with her again.

"Well pardon me for getting caught off guard! Lily, you can't just drop a bomb like that! Oh my god, do you know how monumental that news is?"

"You asked!"

"You told!"

Desi places one hand over Lily's mouth and the other over Naomi's mouth. "Shut up. Both of you. You can argue tomorrow but right now I want to hear what the hell happened with Lily."

Naomi grumbles something under her breath after Desi drops her hands. "Now, isn't that much better?" Desi says with a calming tone in her voice.

"No," Naomi immediately retorts.