Lily looks at her with an utterly confused expression on her face. "Pause," she says, holding a hand up. "What presentation?"

Carina laughs easily. "She talked about it like the last few minutes of class. Were you not paying attention today?" Apparently not.

Lily takes a moment and stares straight ahead in front of her, trying with everything she has to see if she has any recollection of Ashworth speaking about a presentation and after a few moments, she gives up before she hurts herself trying. She must have really been preoccupied with Carina on her mind like a lovesick fool.

Lily throws her arms up exasperatedly. "Well shit," she sighs dramatically. "I'm glad you told me otherwise I would've been screwed."

They make it to Carina's history class, which is on the way to Lily's physics class where Desi awaits, undoubtedly anticipating Lily's juicy little details about her and Carina's second collision with each other.

"You can ask me about it tomorrow morning and I can fill you in on what we have to do," Carina kindly offers as she stops right outside the door and turns around to look up at Lily. She's getting really good with this eye contact thing. Lily, on the other hand, needs a little bit more help. Her chocolate orbs exude nothing but warmth and gentleness. They make her feel happy.

Now with Carina's eyes directly on her, Lily's nerves come back and they come back hard. She rubs the back of her neck nervously with her hand and nods her head a little too excessively. Lily needs to calm down before she gives herself whiplash. "Uh, yeah! That-that sounds great, thank you."

Carina smiles brightly and god, it was getting harder and harder to remain calm, cool, and collected. Well, not that Lily has ever been the past few days around her. The effect that Carina has on her is insane and it's so foreign, but it's such an addictive feeling at the same time.

Being around Carina terrifies her, but in the best way possible in that the thrill of it all keeps her wanting to come back. Kind of like how those scary mover-lovers feel except instead of disturbing and horrifying little girls with their black hair draping over their face wearing dirty nightgowns while they stare at you in the dark planning to kill you, it's Carina with her smooth and long hair, soft eyes, radiant smile, and raspy little voice that scares Lily shitless and keeps her on the edge of her seat.

"Okay," Carina finally says. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

Lily smiles back and nods only once this time. Thank god. "Sure. I'll see you tomorrow."

Carina gives her a small wave right before she turns around and enters into her classroom and Lily forces herself to walk away, hands still trembling and heart still racing even after the scary part is over.

--

Naomi just about tackled Lily as soon as she saw her and Desi walking down the steps to the school's courtyard where they decided to spend lunch time at after second period. Right now there is sunshine with a few clouds coming their way off in the distance but later after school is when rain will start coming down and will continue for the rest of the week. Might as well enjoy the sun now while they can.

"You little shit," Naomi hisses, holding onto Lily's arm and dragging her along to the picnic table with Desi following closely behind, "you didn't reply to our texts this morning after you left Desi and I hanging about you and Carina."

Lily laughs and gently pats her friend's hand. "I'm sorry! We were talking and I didn't want to come off as rude if I used my phone in front of her face. She doesn't really talk much to begin with so I wanted to make her as comfortable as possible."