Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

"Well I'm sure that this time you'll be fine. Might only get stung by a wasp or something." Mark joked causing the group to laugh.

"Alright, I say we follow Yukari and Will and get some hot chocolate." Saori suggested.

"Yes!!" Mark yelled with his arms in the air as he rushed to the cafeteria. The four laughed at him and followed him inside.

Darjeeling sat to Davis's right as he and Donovan were neck and neck in a hard-fought Chess game. Davis had the upper hand earlier, but a miscalculation caused him to lose his ace. His white squared bishop. Donovan may have lost his two knights but with his bishops in a frontal assault Davis would need to bring his rooks early or deploy his queen. Assam sat next to Donovan taking in all account of the game, as Alisa, who was on Davis's left, took notes on the moves and calculation the two made.

"Knight to E-3." Davis planted his knight in range of Donovan's black square bishop. Donovan mused over the move. If he moved his bishop then Davis would take a pawn. Not a large lose, but that pawn was spaced away perfectly for Davis to take one of his rooks. Not to mention he would be flanked.

"Pawn to H-3." Donovan moved a pawn in to protect the bishop. Like clockwork Davis moved his knight again to take the precise pawn Donovan thought he would.

"Better watch out Green. There's a reason I'm Commander of Virginia." Davis said.

"Yeah, cause I went easy on you." Donovan said as he moved his queen into take that knight. "And I won't do that anymore."

"Ah thank you I needed that." Davis moved one of his rooks to take Donovan's Queen.

"Crap." Donovan choaked it. Alisa was shocked to see that happen. She didn't even see the rook was in place.

"How did you do that Davis?" She asked.

"In Chess make your enemy think three steps ahead while you think four. I lost my bishop early which is why I tried to trap with my knight. Donovan does not like to be flanked, a good trait in Tankery but not in chess." Davis said.

"You botched it. Mr. Davis still has more advanced units then you, there's no way you can win." Assam told Donovan.

"Your not helping woman." Donovan said. Darjeeling laughed at this. She remembered how Christmas was like back at St. Gloriana. It was just like this. Peaceful and with friends.

"I take it you are winning again Davis?" She asked.

"Yup. I've got this in the bag." He boasted. Little did he know Donovan saw one major flaw in his line.

"Checkmate." Donovan moved his last bishop to line up with Davis's king, which was cornered by a pawn and a rook in a castle formation. However an opening in the side left Davis's king exposed and completely vulnerable with one way it could move. Davis looked at the board and smacked his palm into his face. how could he have been so stupid.

"Well I guess the bag has a hole in it." Darjeeling said. Alisa laughed.

"Good try Davis. Next time." She said.

"Yeah, good game Green." Davis reached over and shook his friends hand.

"Likewise Commander." The five then cleaned up and simply started conversation, while enjoying hot chocolate and each other's company, before the loud speakers went up.

"Good day everyone, this Erika letting everyone know that Hans and I found some old music tapes. And I do believe you'll all enjoy them. so let loose and Merry Christmas." After Erika spoke the music came on. Wonderful light and soft orchestra Christmas music. Now Christmas was truly starting.