...

I didn't feel like speaking to others in class, I had defence against the dark arts with miss.Umbridge. She wore a completely pink outfit and always had a huge smile on her face. I think she was trying to intimidate or mock us, in a weird way. All the students appeared to be revolted by her, some students didn't even come to class today, maybe because they hated her so much, including Pansy Parkinson.

She was horrible, she made this already bad day even worse. I was sat next to harry potter, I had heard Cathy talking about him. Something about him being 'the chosen one', I wasn't really paying attention to her.

He seemed sweet but quiet. He hadn't spoken to me yet and we had been in the lesson for half an hour. I also noticed a lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, Cathy said that he got this from the Dark Lord or something. I still had no clue what this whole 'Dark Lord' thing was about, it sounded bad but I didn't really want to ask what it was. Mattheo being his son, made me curious to know who this person is.

Umbridge was teaching us about centaurs, that they were 'dangerous, disgusting creatures'. They were like half horse, half-human or something. Harry seemed very bored, writing the alphabet on a piece of paper, again and again. Draco was watching us, his grey eyes darting around the class and finally landing on us. He looked at me, scoffing, then at Harry, rolling his eyes and turning back to the front.

"Hi harry, we've never properly met. I'm Clover!" I whispered, hoping that Umbridge wouldn't hear me. He turned his head to me slightly, examining me, a cute smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you! I'm harry potter. I hate Umbridge, this lesson is so boring." he said, scrunching up a piece of paper he had written on. This caught the attention of the other students, all of them turning their heads to look at him. Umbridge looked at him last, noticing the balls of paper left on our desk.

"Mr. Potter, would you care to tell me what you are doing?" the woman shouted, a terrifying smile covering her face, as usual. His head shot up, his cheeks blushing as he saw that the whole class was looking at him. Umbridge walked over to his desk, picking up one of the balls of paper, her eyes widening as she began to open it.

"I'm not doing anything professor. Those pieces of paper are just my failed attempts at writing about centaurs." He grumbled, in some kind of mocking manner. She opened the paper completely and flattened the creases with her finger, her smile enlarging making me feel strangely sick.

"The alphabet? Why are you writing out the alphabet?" She exclaimed, Harry looked around as if he was trying to find something to say. I turned to the side and was met with brown eyes. Mattheo was sat there, unamused as usual, he was watching everything that was happening but not one thing made him look even one bit interested.

I looked back at umbridge who was now stood there, waiting for something, for harry to say something. "That was me, miss. I just wanted to make my handwriting look neater." I blurted out, she moved her head slightly to me, her smile getting smaller. It was like when she was angry she was happy and when she was unimpressed the smile would get less prominent.

"Well then, that's lovely, diggory. But maybe do that outside my lessons." She said sarcastically, turning away and walking back to the front of the class, giving us another lecture on school rules.

"Thanks, Clover," Harry whispered, a smile on his face. I nodded politely then looked back forwards, Mattheo was watching us, an angry look on his face. I ignored it, trying to take in what Umbridge was telling us.

...

"Were you actually writing the alphabet or was that to cover for potter?" Blaise asked as we left the classroom.