A Festive Day in Paris (Simbar)

Hello, I hope you enjoy this holiday Simbar one shot I made! I made this based off of remainforeverroyal's tumblr post. We participated in a Secret Santa and she made these super pretty Simbar in Paris themed pics. They drew me inspiration to create this one shot about it! So here's the story I made dedicated to her edits. I have posted some of the pics around and you can find the rest in the link below! Muchos besos!

Link to remainforeverroyal's Tumblr post:

https://remainforeverroyal.tumblr.com/post/637962544478388224/simbar-headcanon-a-winter-proposal-in-paris-sim%C3%B3n

Link to remainforeverroyal's Tumblr:

https://remainforeverroyal.tumblr.com/

Link to my Tumblr:

https://sapphire374.tumblr.com/

Sorry for the brief interruption. Here's the story!

❄︎❄︎❄︎

Ámbar opened the front door to the Benson/Valente mansion with a downhearted look plastered on her face. She clenched on to her crossbody bag as she headed straight to her bedroom. The stairway and open living room was cascaded with holiday decorations all over. As she approached the middle step, Símon scurried in with big news. "Ámbar where are you?" he asked. "Símon? What happened." Ámbar replied. Símon felt the light tone in her voice and saw her eyes glimmer, crystal clear almost as if a tear was about to burst out any second. "Ámbar, my love what happened?"

She glared down and didn't want to say a word. She knew she could always confide in him but wasn't sure if she was comfortable or ready to tell him how she felt. She especially didn't want to ruin this special moment of happiness he had when he barged in. "No nothing. Um what happened?" She then gave a sly smile and her watery eyes were long gone. Ámbar was good at safeguarding her emotions, very good.... but Símon knows her all too well to be fooled by her. "C'mon linda, tell me what's going on? I can always suspect what is bothering you. You can try to hide it in that pretty face of yours but that's not stopping me from finding out." Ámbar gave a grin and replied, "Well.... I guess I have no choice but to tell you. My... um... mom, can't be here for Christmas. The doctors feel like it's best for her to stay a few more weeks at the hospital and that includes Christmas. I see you all as my family and yes I do care about you guys but I was really hoping for her to be here this time. I was interested in connecting more with her since she's all I have." Ámbar glared down to the floor again, this time using all of her strength to not let her emotions show, in which she was doing a great job at, as usual.

Símon scratched the back of his neck trying to conjure up the best thing to say to make her feel better. "Wow Ámbar, I'm sorry that has happened. You know you can count on me for anything right? Plus she's not all you have since you have me too. You know you can talk anytime about your emotions and never feel afraid about doing so. It was really brave of you in fact to tell me this now." Ámbar now raised her head whilst showing a petite smile. "Thank you for that Símon. I just won't be in the mood to attend the Valente's Christmas party. It would feel like a huge reminder of how everyone's family is here but the only one I have can't make it." Símon made a spontaneous smirk since a little beacon of hope rushed into his body. "Well I may have something that will cheer you up then. Our Roller Band manager recently contacted me for an emergency meeting which is on the day before Christmas Eve. They want me to meet an agency located in Paris, France. I was wondering if you would love to spend Christmas there with me." Ámbar's smile now showed her pearly white teeth after hearing Símon's news. "Really? Will this trip be just the two of us?" Símon's grin widened even more as it spread all around his face. "Yes Ámbar. Just the two of us."