cₐₙdₗₑ gᵢᵣₗ

The last thing this 19 year old streamer expected to do was leave his house on this Monday afternoon.

His 2 cats had relentlessly been taking turns jumping on the boy's lap, and then onto his desk. The cycle repeated about 8 more times or so until he scooped up his orange friend, having it so the two were face to face.

"What's the matter, buddy? Are you guys hungry?" He cooed softly before placing his cat down on his chair, running to the cupboard in search of any remaining cat food.

He reached for a bag hidden in the crook of the wooden cupboard, running up to the two metal cat bowls lined up next to each other.

He poured...

Empty

His kitten, Lilly came out of his room, curling up right next to her bowl ready for another scrumptious meal, but to her surprise, there was nothing but a crumb awaiting her.

His other kitten, Mogwai had been quick to follow, once again disappointed when peeping his head into the dish.

Nick sighed, "Looks like I'll be taking a quick trip down the street, huh. You two behave" he gave the two one last gentle pet, before slipping on the nearest pair of shoes and shoving his keys in the pocket of his hoodie.

He jogged down his front door steps, his set destination being the 7/11 down the corner. He never felt the need to go there, usually he'd do his grocery shopping at Target or something.

First time experience,

And of course during his first time experience entering the store, there was practically a robbery in effect behind the front counter; a girl around his age, in the hands of some beefy junkie.

"You bitch" the old man's voice was loud enough to project across the empty store, and in a sudden rush of adrenaline the cat father performed an epic jump over the counter, pulling some James Bond type shit

"No one's here to save you now. You're going to let me take the beer on the go, no complaints, no police, no nothing, or else I swear I will-"

The young boy got a strong grip around the man's wrist, "or else what?"

Nick's brain completely shut off, acting on it's own without control. Every word, and every threat that came out of the boy's mouth had come from a place he didn't even know existed.

One minute, he was in full hold of the threat, the next he watched as it had fled out the door, loads of cash flying out his hands as he jolted away.

He blinked once, twice, three times until reality hit the kid right in the face. He took in the view of the girl next to him, only thing to come in mind was...

Woah, she's cute.

So this is his reward for completing his quest or whatever? A woman? You know, for someone who jumped into a scene straight out of some Jackie Chan movie, you'd expect the kid to be a little more fazed.. but who are we kidding? He's been dreaming of playing a role like this ever since he was a kid. Damn, he felt like a bad ass

Nick laughed at his internal monologue, non-verbally of course.

On the contrary...

"Fucking hell" a voice interrupted his train of thought. His eyes roamed around the shards of glass scattered all over the already dirty tiles, yellow seeping through every crevice on the floor.

"Are you alright?" Were the only words able to leave the boy's mouth, despite his head full of thoughts

"Yeah, I think" his eyes attempted to meet hers, but instead, he was lead to the mess beneath the two. Both of their shoes soaked, glass shards digging into the soles.