Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It was a movie night. Maura and Jane invited me to join them but I declined - I wanted to leave them alone. After all I wanted them to be alone since I still didn't have a plan how to get them together. At least not yet. But in the morning I saw a perfect opportunity so I took advantage while I could. The next morning I found them on the couch, still sleeping. Obviously they have fallen asleep on the couch after the movie or even during it - I didn't know for sure. They were sitting next to each other, shoulder to shoulder, hidden under the blanket and they looked so cute together. That was my cue. I knew I had to do something - I just couldn't resist it. I promised myself that I would take advantage of any created situation and that's what I indented to do. They were sleeping heavily so I decided to give it a try. I carefully pushed Jane to one side of the couch and Maura toward her, putting her head on Jane's shoulder. Then I placed Maura's hand on Jane's stomach and Jane's hand over Maura's shoulder. Then I looked at them - it seemed Jane was hugging Maura in her embrace. That was a perfect way to wake up.

They would probably wake up like that - hugging each other, thinking that they did it unconsciously. That could open their eyes. If they think that they can't stay away from each other even in their sleep, that could help them realize their hidden feelings. Or at least I hoped so. I had nothing more to do so I left them alone after that, waiting for them to wake up. My work was done and hopefully, it would work its magic really soon.

*****

Jane felt the heat and only half-awake she tugged what she thought was the pillow closer to her body, holding it tightly with both hands. It felt really nice.

"Mmm," she hummed in appreciation, trying to continue her sleep.

Maura felt some movement underneath her and someone's soft embrace. Without much thinking she just hugged the body, nuzzling Jane's neck without even realizing it. But then she smelled a well known perfume and she opened her eyes to see what was going on. She looked up at Jane and wondered how they got in that particular position. The last time she remembered, they were both sitting next to each other and nothing more. And things could get really awkward for her if Jane finds out what she was thinking about when Jane was hugging her so tight - they were all good things that Jane, for nothing in the world, must find out about.

"Jane," she whispered her name quietly, trying to wake her up gently, without startling her. She couldn't move because Jane was holding her tightly so she just had to wake up her first. She had no other choice. And Jane probably didn't know that she was holding her so tightly. Perhaps she didn't realize it in her sleep.

"Mmm," Jane murmured and stretched out her hand in order to wake up. Then she opened her eyes and after feeling someone's body weight on her, she saw that Maura was actually lying on top of her. Though she liked being in that specific position and having Maura so close to her, she quickly let go of her, already missing the contact from her warm body. Maura moved away, taking the blanket and put it on the couch, away from both of them. For the first time in her life Jane was glad she wasn't a man because... well, it would become painfully obvious just how much she liked hugging Maura. But it was just in her sleep, it wasn't her fault that she liked having Maura so near.

"What happened?" Maura asked with quite voice, still sounding a bit sleepy.

"I don't know," Jane said, clearing her throat from the raspiness in her voice. "We must have fallen asleep on the couch."

Then they both got up, feeling awkward by the whole situation. They looked away from each other, Jane murmuring something under her breath before leaving for work.