n i n e

The children stepped inside the armory room quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone there who was working. Zach ushered them in softly. They all looked around at the sight before then. Armor. Weapons. Guns. Bombs. Everything.

They all take a quick inhale and widen their eyes. A larger built man walks over to them. He's huge. Probably 6'4 or 6'5. He has huge biceps and his pecs can be easily seen from under his shirt.

Everyone takes a gulp. Except Zach. Zach steps up to him and shakes his hand, smiling. The man bows to him.
"Eli, good to see you mate." Zach says. The man smiles and nods quickly.
"It's good to see you too Zachariah."

Raj looks over at Lorenzo for comfort but he just shrugs. Raj looks back at the huge man and sighs. "Alright. This is the crew then? Are you sure about this? This is something you can't go back on." He says slowly to them. His voice is surprisingly soft. You'd think it would be deep. But he was always kind.

Eli had been appointed head of the armory and search after the second war by Zach. They had fought side by side. He was a friend. A close one. Of course, he was a busy man. He didn't have much time for friends these days.

Surprisingly, Eli didn't seem to mind not having time. It let him forget the pain. It helped him. A distraction. That's what everyone needed. That's what only some got. Eli was lucky.

All the children nodded at him slowly. Unsure. He raised a brow but nodded. "Very well. Follow me please." He led the group to a hall. They all looked around as the walked. At the end of the hall was a white door with guards.

The guards stepped aside for him, saluting as they walked by. The group smiles softly. Respect. Not everyone deserves it but it's still nice to have.

They were lead into a large room. It was dark but had a white glow all around. They couldn't see where it came from but it was still there. The walls were lined with weapons and other accessories. It was amazing.

Scary. But amazing.

They all looked around in awe but then slowly brought their attention back to Zach and Eli, who were smiling at them, watching them look around.

"Alright. Let's begin. We are extra prepared for you all. We want this to be fair. To be safe. It's not going to be. But we can do our best to get you home safe and sound. Understood?" They nod.

"Great. Nat! Take care of Lea for me." A woman with purple hair comes over to Lea and smiles. Lea grins at her.
"I like your shirt." Nat whispers to her.
"I like your hair." Lea whispers back.

The woman takes Lea to one of the many doors in the room. It opens.
"George your with Lorenzo." He says. A man walks over to them and nods, leading Enzo away. "Emilia, take Kat."

"Owen take Elio. Terry take Raj. Lila take Faye. Donatello your with Jay. No Zaya?" Eli asks Zach. Zach shakes his head at him slowly. Eli nods knowingly.
"Alright get suited up. You coming?"
"I'm staying with Sofi. I don't want anything to happen to her. And if the fight reaches here, then I'm in."

Eli smiles and pats him on the back. Nat gives Lea a black vest. Lea frowns.
"You can put it under your shirt. Bullet proof." She says softly. Lea smiles. Lea carefully slips her shirt off and puts on the vest. Then she puts her shirt over.

Nat then hands Lea a strap. It's crossed with little holds in it. Nat straps it on Lea's back carefully. It makes an X over her front and back. Then Nat takes a few weapons and places them in the holds on the straps. Lea nods slowly.

"You know how to use a gun, right?"
"Yeah. My mom showed me." Nat nods.
"Your moms pretty badass." She says.
"She is. I want to be like that." Lea says.
"You can. Prove that you can today. Come back. That's all you need to do."