Chapter 8

The Great Hall was filled with cheer and laughter, everyone was celebrating the end of year exams, except Hermione who was talking to Lavender Brown, a 1st year in Gryffindor. "I reckon that they should have exams every month, just to check if we are studying or not," She said. It wasn't the last feast, it was a week later. Albert was enjoying his dinner, spite of Draco giving glares at Neville, Albert had promised to protect Neville. 

"Give it a rest Draco," Albert said. Crabbe and Goyle however were going on the same lines as Draco. "Give it a rest! Give it a rest! Have you gone mad Albert, perhaps you are too going insane as that mudblood Granger because of spending time in the library. Albert didn't care to ask Draco what did mudblood mean, he had other things on his mind. He had to delay Snape from reaching the stone. Albert had managed to enchant his watch to vibrate a lot during midnight and had also enchanted his pillow as a back up plan. Harry and Ron had. tense faces too.

Albert awoke at midnight due to the vibrating watch, wore a jumper and put on jeans, pocketed his wand and walked out of the dormitory. He had to look for Snape, but as a matter of fact Snape found him. "Well well, Mr. Adkins what brings you here in front of my office at midnight on the day when your exams finished. I think you ought to take rest!" Snape said coolly. 

"I might ask you the same professor," Albert said. 

"As it happens, Mr. Adkins, that I am potions master and I teach hear, so I have full authority to walk around, however you do not, so I would ask you to get back to your dormitory. Snape said. 

"No I can't, I need to use the bathroom," Albert said thinking of a response. Snape raised his eyebrows, "Ok then, I will lead you to it, and I don't want you wandering," Snape said as he brushed past him. 

"Professor wait!" Albert yelled. "Mr. Adkins, I am very busy at the moment, I have a very important work to do," Snape sneered. He then walked off. Albert tried to think, tried to think what to do, he had to something, he had to let it out. 

"I am who you suspect!" Albert called back after Snape. He could hear Snape stop walking. 

"Lumos"  

Albert found himself face-to-face with Snape. Snape motioned him to his office and made him sit. 

"Speak," He said. Albert nodded. "I - I am Albert Lestrange, I am the heir of Lestrange," Albert said. 

"The headmaster knows," Albert added. Snape looked as if someone had petrified him, he sat down. 

"Why exactly are you here?" He asked. Albert said, "I believe I have already told you professor," Albert said. "Potter put you up this, didn't he?" Snape said, now their noses touching. 

"P-p-potter?" Albert stuttered. "Yes Potter, he thinks that I am stealing the stone, but in fact I am preventing it from getting stolen. That Quirrell is stealing it for You-know-who and is doing it now, now if you wouldn't have stopped me I would've gone and protected it! Snape said. 

"You don't need to professor, Harry, Ron and Hermione are already there," Albert said. 

"Do you have any idea what all guards the stone!?" Snape said. 

"No," Albert said. 

"The Devil's Snare, put by Sprout. Flying keys put by Flitwick. McGonagall's giant chess set, a troll! My own logic puzzle! And Dumbledore has put his own too!" Snape said. "They'd probably be dead by now, stupid Potter, just as arrogant as his father! Doesn't pay attention to the details," Snape snapped. 

"What do you mean?" Albert said, sounding unsure. "That Granger girl saw me muttering a spell when Potter's broom was bewitched, but she didn't care to move her neck to see Quirrell doing the same! I didn't try to kill, he tried to kill him! Then Quirrell decided  that by having a gift of trolls, he let one, faked fainting in order to create a diversion so he could get to the stone! And then I tried to head him off, I knew from the start! And Potter thinks that I want it! I want it for the Dark Lord!" Snape said. 

"Then he must be stopped!" Albert said loudly. "Its too late," Snape said, half-crying. 

Just then Dumbledore walked in with Ron and Hermione, "Not to worry Severus, its over, the boy has stopped Lord Voldemort once again!" Dumbledore said. 

"Headmaster?" Snape said. Hermione and Ron were beaming at Albert. "HE DID IT! HE DID IT! HE SAVED THE STONE!" Hermione said. Ron looked sad. "What's the matter Ron?" Albert asked. 

"Harry, he is unconscious no one knows whether he is alive or dead," Ron said, these words seemed to have affected the whole room, everyone showed their greatest interest in Harry's good health.