ₐ ₖₙᵢgₕₜ ₐₙd ₕᵢₛ ₚᵣᵢₙcₑₛₛ

Start from the beginning

"Hey there." It was the same boy from the day prior, the same one who had come to y/n's rescue in place of Kai's.

Kai resented that.

"Howdy stranger, back so soon?" she huffed, flashing a vivid smile from ear to ear.

"Glad to see the place's looking better than it did yesterday"

"Hey, can I help you," Kai chimed in, eyeing the brunette from head to toe... "or are you just gonna stand here and hold the line?"

The boy turned around, and to his surprise a line had formed quickly behind him consisting of an elderly woman, and a group of angsty teenage boys. "Oh, my bad. Sorry" he apologized profusely, blushing red with embarrassment

"Hey, Kai, mind handling the line? Yeah, thanks" y/n rushed from behind the counter, winning an unimpressed glare from her best friend.

She walked to an empty aisle, gesturing for the new stranger to follow suite.

"Huh, this ought to be a better place to talk. So, does the knight standing in front of me have a name?" She questioned,

He chuckled, "knight?"

She laughed along, "yeah, you seriously saved my ass back there yesterday... not that I needed it of course, but..... yeah...."

He stood still for a moment, until a grin formed on his face. He gracefully bowed, reaching his hand out to hers

"Sir Nicholas, at your service, Princess" he planted a soft kiss on her hand, before letting go and laughing.

His laughter was contagious, for y/n was quick to join in and the two continued on for a minute or two, until a forced cough came from behind the counter. Y/n continued to ignore her co-worker.

"Hey, I'm afraid this princess doesn't need your 'services'" she emphasized the last part with her hands, not once breaking eye contact with the boy named Nicholas, or "Nick" standing right in front of her.

"That's fair, but the real question is: does this princess have a name?" He smiled, awaiting an answer.

"Y/n, l/n", it'd usually be on my name tag, if I didn't lose it.."

"Huh... 'y/n, l/n' he repeated to himself. "Well, I think that sounds like a fitting name for a princess" he said, in a different tone than he had been speaking with prior— a more flirtatious tone.

She picked up on it quick, and hastily changed the topic, "Hey can we cut this princess talk, It's making my skin itch, and not in a good way" she said nervously

A rush of blood travelled to Nick's face, once again embarrassed he fumbled with his words, "Oh, yeah, sorry, I just thought that girls are.. usually.. into... uh.."

She raised an eyebrow, this was obviously not looking good for the brunette.

"So.. you work here everyday?" He asked, successfully changing the topic as quick as it came.

"Mondays through Fridays" She shrugged, dragging her gaze to the unorganized snacks scattered across the rack.

Ah shit, he lost her

He looks down at his watch quickly, before looking up to see the girl reorganizing the entire aisle. "Crap, I told my friends I'd play with them at 4:00, I gotta go"

Before Nick could leave, y/n shot up, "Play?" She said in a confused tone.

"Shit, this is embarrassing.." Nick scratched the back of his neck, averting his gaze to his shoes.

She hummed in response, expecting a further explanation.

"I... play video games for a living- er, well while I attend college... but it's summer so it's practically for a living"

"Video games? Like what?"

"Don't laugh, okay?" He nervously chuckled

"Spit it out bud, you obviously don't got all day"

"Well, I have a twitch channel.... it's like a live streaming service and-"

"I don't live under a rock, I know what that is... you live stream? What do you play? Overwatch? COD? CS:GO?"

"Ah, I mean I've dabbled a bit in all of those, but I mainly stream... Minecraft" he murmured as best as he could the last part, but she could make out what he said as clear as daylight. To his surprise, not one ounce of laughter slipped from her lips

"Minecraft? Wow, that's... different" She commented, intrigued. "I'm gonna have to watch you play sometime" she smiled.

He nodded, checking his watch again, "3:15. Wow, time flies doesn't it." He was eager to get out of there before he made an even bigger fool out of himself, and luckily for him...

"God, I should probably head back before Kai gets even angrier with me"

"Kai?" He repeated, pretending to be clueless despite all the given context clues.

As if on cue, the slim, tall black haired boy approached behind the two, an impatient look painted across his face

"Yeah, y/n should probably go before Kai gets even angrier with her" the tall boy referred to himself in third person, motioning for y/n to get back to work.

"Calm your tits, I'll be there in a sec" she rolled her eyes irritated, swatting the boy behind her away

Nick smiled, whispering to the girl "I don't think he likes me too much".

She chuckled, "he doesn't like many people, don't take it personally".

She waved her goodbye before running back behind the counter.

The tall boy went off in a ramble, "What's your deal? Is this still about the same thing from yesterday?"

The girl merely just shrugged, nothing to say

"God, it literally feels like you're just looking for any reason to be upset with me. I'm sorry I couldn't defend you from that crackhead yesterday because I had to make sure everything was going okay so our fucking manager, fucking Janice doesn't need to come by and beat our asses again for accidentally sending our stock to the 7/11 a mile away because someone keeps inputting the wrong god damn address, and I'm fucking sorry you're a miserable college dropout forced to work here to make less than $8.00 a god damn hour to prevent your parents from becoming any more disappointed in you than they already are, but you don't have to take out your issues on me, so for once in your life y/n can you stop being so full of yourself"

"What're you trying to say, Kai?"

"That's all you have to say? God- I'm saying quit flirting with any customer in sight and get the hell to work. I swear it's so hard to be your friend sometimes."

"Jealous, much? You know, my world doesn't revolve around you. I'm sorry I gave someone else 1 minute of my attention and now you're all butthurt about it"

"Right back at you"

Nick observed for a minute.

"Damn" he said under his breath, before making his walk back home, where he'd be greeted by his two online best friends, ready to tell the pair about his encounter with the 7/11 worker.

sapnap | @sapnapalt • just now
awooga 7 eleven girl
6 Retweets 1 Quote Tweets 30 Likes
| karl :) | @KarlJaco... • just now
Replying to @sapnapalt
candle girl double date pog???
1 Retweets 0 Quote Tweets 11 Likes