Here We Go Again

Sarah shivered and ran her hands up and down her arms. It was odd to get cold chills in the middle of the dessert. Still she stood to the side as Alex bid his parents farewell, they would go to check on Ardeth and the books, just to make sure they were safe.

"Write us, let us know even of the smallest thing. I mean it Alex." Evie told her son who nodded in agreement.

Rick hugged Alex before getting into the plane and Evelyn followed behind him. Alex walked back to Sarah and them both waved Evelyn and Rick off. Was this the best idea? No one knew, they had to act preventatively because there was no evidence their worst fear had been realized.

Alex looked to Sarah who smiled at him trying to act as though nothing were wrong. Taking her hand in his, he knelt placing his forehead against hers. She sighed and looked up to Alex.

"I've never fought a mummy Alex, I don't know what would happen if I saw one walking and talking." Sarah admitted honestly.

"First response is usually to run, I suggest following that." Alex said as he pulled her close to him and walked back to the car they came in.

Back in England, Evelyn and Rick rushed back to the British Musuem and right to the section where the books were being kept. There they saw Ardeth tied to the statue of Anubis. Their worst fears has come true. Rick ran over and helped Ardeth.

"What happened?'' Rick asked looking around.

"They left only hours ago, they found the girl and Imhotep. Neither of which were happy to be back, instead they told that this would be their last attempt to rule. They were assured your family was out of the picture." Ardeth sighed adjusting his arm.

"If it were that easy." Rick scoffed.

"Ardeth, where are they going? What are they looking for?" Evie asked concerned for Alex and Sarah.

"The stone, it's a myth though, no one has ever seen it." Ardeth said.

"No one had seen the bracelet either, we have to alert Sarah and Alex." Evie said in a rush.

"Sarah, he wants them to kill Sarah or he will do nothing." Ardeth spoke up making both Evie and Rick turn to him shocked.

'Why?' Rick asked.

"He called her Neferure, he wanted her dead. That was all he said."

Sarah looked down into the pool of water, impatiently waiting for Alex to surface. When he finally did, he took off his mask and pulled himself out of the water.

"It's so flooded, I couldn't find a door or chamber to anything back there." Alex sighed disappointed.

"It's not meant to be found, he hid them here for a reason, unknowing he was hiding the true power he was looking for." Sarah said as she paced while biting her nails.

Alex looked around as if he were sensing something. Suddenly he heard gun shots. Sarah jumped as Alex grabbed her and rushed to the side of the room, hiding in the shadows. His parents had only been gone less than a week and they had no reason to use guns on their return. They watched as a woman climbed down the make shift ladder. Alex remembered her face but Sarah did not. He pressed a finger to his lips letting Sarah know to keep silent. Nodding they watched.

"Cleansing pool of the Nile." the woman said as she bent down and looked deep into it's waters. "Best hiding spot to hide their bodies."

A man clad in all black then climbed down. He was bald and looked miserable. Not that anyone in the dessert would look happy. Alex was shocked.

'That is Imhotep." he whispered so low to Sarah she could barely hear him.

Her eyes widened as she looked at the man and woman. Imhotep bent down and touched the water before taking off his robes. Sarah turned her head as he walked into the pool step by step before disappearing under the surface of the water. Alex and Sarah didn't know what to do as they watched Imhotep and the woman. When he did resurface, he held a woman in his arms. A woman who looked just like Alex's mother.

"Nefertiri, she had not aged a day." the woman said as she watched Imhotep place the woman on the ground and returned to the water.

The woman didn't move, didn't breathe, she just laid there. Alex and Sarah didn't know what was going on but they knew that was not Evelyn O'Connell. When Imhotep resurfaced again, he held another woman in his arms and she looked like Sarah. A complete carbon copy of her. Sarah put her hand over her mouth holding in a gasp.

"Neferure. Cousins in life and death. Buried together over three thousand years. Their bodies are too perfect, were they not mummified?" the woman asked Imhotep.

"Seti tried but I stole their bodies the same night I stole yours. I had them hidden here deep underwater in a place only I knew." Imhotep answered.

"Grab the other body and let's go, we need a true temple to find the source from them." the woman answered, and two men grabbed the body that looked like Evelyn's.

Once they were gone, Alex and Sarah came out of the shadows. Both were shocked by what they had just seen.

"What the hell was that?" Sarah asked as she looked to Alex.

"I have no idea, I have never seen or even heard of bodies being like...well that." Alex answered. "We have to get to my parents, this is beyond what I know."