Not Again

'Scorpion venom preserved the body, she however died instantly. Raising her would be impossible without the books.' another man in a black and red robe sighed as he moved to the side to show another man the body of Meela, the reincarnation of Anuck su namun.

Her body was frozen in terror. Eyes wide open with a permanent look of fear and shock. Falling into a scorpion pit would do that to any mortal. How they found her body? No one would tell but whoever did find it was either rewarded very well or killed. More than likely the second option.

The doctor then injected into the body and it instantly relaxed, falling limp on the table before them. Her eyes even closing and facial expression relaxing.

"We need the book now." he said turning to the red and black robed man.

The man brought the book of the dead and opened it. Fighting to be freed was none other than Ardeth Bay, he had pledged to watch over the books until the O'Connell's returned. He had failed, again. The man began to read from the book and like before her soul was reunited with her body and she woke up screaming but only for a moment.

"What? Where?" she asked her hands searching her face.

"You are back Meela, Anuck su namun can only be awoken by Imhotep, we must resurrect him and take the stone. Using its power you can live forever." the man started but Meela shook her head.

"That was our last plan, it failed. What makes you think this time will be any different?" she scoffed as she stood up.

"The O'Connell's are dealt with as are the Medji, none to stand in our way this time. His lordship's body has been preserved and awaits your call from the underworld." the man said showing Meela the way.

Ardeth had no idea where they were let alone how he would get word to the O'Connell's to warn them. This was becoming an occupational hazard that he was quickly becoming fed up with. He watched as Meela walked to the mummy of Imhotep. Her hand barely touching the surface of what was once Imhotep's face.

"That is the last time, I will not die just to come back again." Meela said as she looked to the others. "Give me that book."

Ardeth watched in horror was for the third time, Imhotep was brought back from the underworld. He was halfway regenerated this time though.

"Why?!" he yelled at the room. "Why resurrect me again!"

"No one to stop us this time." Meela replied in Ancient Egyptian.

Imhotep scoffed not truly believing her. He did not know what year it was but he remembered his past two attempts at this same thing. The men in black and red robes did their best to try to assure him who was in Egypt and might be in the way. His form regenerated faster until he was fully human yet he killed none before him as he had the past two times.

Looking at the documents before him, he stopped at a picture. It was a picture of a woman. He held the picture up and examined it carefully. Ardeth looked closer and saw it was a picture of Sarah Worthington, an American Egyptologist who Alex had written to his mother about.

"What is it my lord?" Meela asked confused.

"Neferure, kill her or I will do nothing for you." Imhotep said tossing the picture back down on the table.