Part 1

Emily's POV 

"I want to kiss you," Kai said to me. I can't believe I was going to kiss the boy that I have liked since freshman year when he had this massive glow-up. How does he know me? Just a few months ago he was with more girls than I can count on my fingers. But I don't care. I have liked him more and even though I have never kissed a boy, I wanted to kiss him.

_________________________________ 5 months before

I just woke up and today is the first day of junior year. I will be a senior in just a year from now. I got up and checked if I got any messages from my friends that I have known since 5th grade. Charlotte texted me on our girl's group chat and said "When should I pick you guys up since I'm the only one that actually can drive?" Amelia said "In 25 minutes" and I said "30 minutes."

I took a short shower and got changed into some black Lululemon shorts and a white Lululemon sweatshirt. I went down to the kitchen and made myself a bagel with cream cheese. When I was done with my bagel I put my plate in the dishwasher. Went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I checked the group chat and saw a text that Amelia said "Emily we are almost to your house"

Charlotte started honking the horn telling me that I need to be down there now. When I got to the car Amelia was in the passenger seat listening to say so by doja cat. I went and opened the back door and sat down and closed the door. Charlotte said hello to me and started to head to school.

When we got to school I was looking out to see if I could see Kai. He was hanging out with his friends that are on the football team with him, and of course, he had a girl hanging out with him. I was a little bit jealous but I wasn't just going to watch them kiss, I was going to go to my locker and see what my first class was.