chapter two - zayn's date

zayn's pov:

diana.

she had beautiful written all over her. 

her sparkly red dress, black heels- she was the definition of perfection.

her shy, witty personality kept me on my toes. 

i didn't know what i'd do without her.

we approached the restaurant that i chose out (high class italien). there were string lights hung from the ceiling, waiters dressed in black tuxedos and vests, and elegant white cloths draped over every table. 

(a/n: if you didn't know already, the name of the restaurant in the night changes music video is "brasserie vashappenin", i'm literally still dying of laughter to this day.)

"woah," diana marvelled over the restaurant. "it's amazing. how did you find the place?"

i smiled because i knew she was impressed.

"well, my father is good friends with the owner, ben. and-"

"zayn malik! is that you?" 

we both turned to see none other than ben. 

i cleared my throat. "diana, this is ben winston. ben, this is my date, diana." 

"ah, it's a pleasure to meet you, diana. you're a lucky girl." ben smiled, motioning towards me jokingly. she nodded, her whole face lighting up.

"it's nice to meet you also. this is a lovely restaurant." diana clutched her bag, admiring the scenery. 

"thank you very much! zayn, you have to bring her in more often. what a delightful girl. now, would you like a tour of the place?" ben looked at us questionably.

diana nodded for the two of us. ben started off, leading us through the restaurant. she grabbed my arm, pulling me to catch up, giggling. she clung to me the whole tour, her mouth overexaggeratedly gaped in awe as we walked into the kitchen. 

i'm a lucky guy. 

diana's pov:

i couldn't help but smile. 

after our small tour from ben, we were seated at a table. 

"well," zayn said, taking a seat. "what do you think?"

"it's wonderful. thank you so much for taking me." 

he plastered a goofy grin on his face and started numbing through a menu. a waiter approached our table, notepad in hand.

"hello! my name is anthony, and i'll be your server tonight. can i you off with some drinks?" 

"we'll take your best wine," zayn said, sort of shooing him off. i stifled a laugh, hiding my face behind one of the menus. anthony nodded to zayn's request, and walked back towards the kitchen. 

zayn slipped his hand in mine, tracing his thumb across my palm. 

"anything you want babe, it's on me."

i exhaled happily, taking my focus off of the clattering of dishes in the background, and on zayn.

-

-

-

-

-

hey hey hey!

i hope you're enjoying the story so far! there will be one or two more chapters for zayn's date, then we're moving on to liam's! i'm excited!

also, it's louis' birthday today! make sure to wish him a happy birthdayyy! 

happy birthday louis :)

it's ALSO christmas eve! woah :0 merry christmas eve to you all!

see you all in the next one! 

- kalina x