Chapter 1

Author's pov:

Vikram and his family started to Anu's village for the marriage looks.

Well, Marriage is almost fixed according to Aaru's family members, Vikram and his family members opinion. This Marriage looks is just a formality.  Ajay, Anu's brother insisted to conduct the Marriage looks, so Anu can also meet and talk with Vikram and say her genuine feelings towards the marriage.

If everything goes well, today they are also planning to conduct a small engagement ceremony and fix the dates for marriage.

They are rushing things as Vikram's grandmother's health is not well.

Vikram's happiness is on cloud nine. He is in a joyful mood but a little tensed thinking about what will be Anu's decision on marriage.

He knows, if Anu's say no. Ajay will never let this marriage happen at any cost. After all Anu's is Ajay's little princess.

He still remembers how angry Ajay look the day Vikram confessed his feelings towards Anu to him.

Flashback :

Vikram and Ajay both got selected in a reputed college located in Tamil Nadu for Engineering.

They both met during the first day and became friends due to their common mother language but slowly their friendship became strong and both become best friends, who will be there for each other in every situation.

Vikram first saw Anu during their second year of b.tech on the day of  Ajay's birthday. On that day Anu and Vijay( Ajay's younger brother) planned a small surprise birthday party for Ajay.

Vijay contact Vikram and asked his help to bring his brother to a restaurant. Vikram followed the plan and took Ajay to the restaurant.

Their stood Anu's with a beautiful smile on her face in the entrance rushed towards them and hugged Ajay tightly wishing him a very happy birthday.

Later Ajay introduced his sister to Vikram and they all together enjoyed Ajay's birthday.

Vikram found Anu so cute and joyful. She is bubbly and an enthusiastic girl. The time they spend went magically, all thanks to Anu's continuous blabbering.

Though she interacted only a little with Vikram, he obviously enjoyed the time with her.

Unknowingly in his heart, he formed a tiny crush on Anu but later he seriously restricted his heart and mind from her thoughts considering her as a small girl and that too his best friends little sister.

He removed all Anu's thoughts and made his concentration on studies but whenever Anu pays a small visit to Aijay his heart swelled with the happiness of seeing Anu.

Later they completed their b.tech.

Vikram and Ajay choose different paths for their higher studies.

Vikram started his MBA and Ajay started his M.Tech but both stayed together sharing a room and completed their education in the same city.

Vikram and Ajay both are good at their studies. They both used to do part-time jobs during their M.Tech and MBA years. Vikram in a marketing related company and Aijay in a college as an Assistant lecture.

They both did really hard work to build their career and reached a good position within two years after completing their M.Tech and MBA.

Even after these all years, Vikram heart still holds a special place for Anu. She is his first love. Yes, love.

He loves her. He wants to confess his feelings to her, ask her family's permission and marry her.

But imagining his best friends reaction, he is not taking the step.

He can never face his best friend if things go wrong.

So he never took a step ahead but suddenly the situation changed. His grandmother got sick and admitted in the hospital. Even though she recovered a little but still the situation is not better. Her last wish is to see her one and only grandson's marriage. So his family started taking a decision on his marriage.

Then he understood, his heart can never accept or imagine another girl as his life partner.

He gathered courage and confessed everything to his dad. 

His dad is an open-minded and friendly person, he believes if a person is well educated, mature and independent, the person is ready to make a decision of choosing his life partner.

He reacted positively and encourage his son to speak with Ajay.

Later Vikram met Ajay in Vijayawada and confessed his feelings for Anu with him.

Ajay first thought Vikram is playing a prank but when he understood the seriousness of his words he almost landed a punch on Ajay's face but seeing Vikram's honesty and love for his sister he got little calm. Ajay knows Vikram is a good and well-mannered guy, there is no reason to say no to him. So, he asked Vikram to meet the elders of the family and ask their permission.

With no further deal, Vikram explained everything to his parents. His father is happy as he already enquired everything about Anu's family and he listened to many good things. He liked how the family still bond to a joint family.

But Vikram's mother is not completely happy as she always thought she will search and decide her daughter-in-law herself. She is a little hurt when she came to know about Vikram's love for Anu but nevertheless, she agreed to her son's happiness.

Immediately Vikram and his family went to Anu's village, met her family and asked for her hand in marriage with Vikram.

Anu's family already expecting them as Ajay explained everything to them. Anu's grandmother liked Vikram's match very much for her granddaughter, she also enquired everything about Vikram and his family. 

Anu's parents first hesitated as Anu is writing her final year sem exams. Though she will complete her graduation with those exams still she is young. But Anu's grandmother convenience them by saying Vikram is a good guy from a good family. Anu can do a job even after the marriage.

Anu's grandmother also asked Vikram's family about Anu's job matter, Vikram promised her that Anu can continue her career whether it is higher studies or a job.

With all these talks they almost finalized the marriage decision but Ajay interrupted them and asked them to conduct marriage looks after Anu's exams, so Anu also can express her decision.

All agreed.

Flashback ends.

*****************************************************

Hi guys,

I'm back with a new story. Hope you will enjoy it.

What do you think about this chapter?

Hope you all are doing well.

Please take care guys. In many parts of the world Covid 2nd wave is continuing. Please take all the necessary precautions.

Bye. See you all in the next chapter. Take Care.

Keep Smiling.