Chapter 6

Author's pov :

Anu and Vikram reached Hyderabad early morning around  5.30 am.

From there Vikram hired a cab to reach the apartment.

He recently rented the flat after his engagement. Before he used to leave in a small room which is located near his office.

He has already shifted few useful things from his room like T.V, Refrigerator, A.C and a few other furniture.

Vikram's family is against the concept of dowry. Even his father did not take a single penny while marrying Vikram's mother. Anu's family also doesn't want to encourage the concept of dowry.

So both the families came to a conclusion. Apart from the things Vikram already has in his room, both families decided to buy other electronics and furniture.

They prepared a list of things and divided the budget between the two families.

They completed these electronics and furniture shopping along with the marriage shopping.

Now the flat is fully set with all the necessities they needed. They just need to organise the things.

They reached their flat.

While Vikram is unlocking the door. They heard a voice from behind.

"Wait... Wait.."

"First time you are entering your house as a couple. Let me do the ritual." An excited Rupa their neighbour and Vikram's colleague Ravi's wife said.

Rupa hurriedly went back into her house and came back with an aarthi plate.

She gave aarthi to Anu and Vikram's pair and applied tilak on their forehead and then allowed them to go inside.

"She is Rupa. My friend Ravi's wife. They attended our marriage. Do you remember her, I introduced them during our marriage." Vikram said introducing Rupa and Anu to each other.

"Fresh up and take rest. I will come back with the breakfast." Rupa said going back to her flat.

Vikram showed Anu the house.
.
.
.

"Finally, this is our room. " Vikram said opening their bedroom door.

"You fresh up here. I will take bath in another room." He said guiding her inside.
.
.
.
.
By the time both Anu and Vikram freshened up.

Rupa came back with coffees and breakfast.

All had breakfast together. In the middle Ravi also joined them.

"We created you so much work. Thank you for the breakfast. It's delicious." Anu said looking towards Rupa.

"No. It's not much work. Thanks for the compliment." Rupa said with a smile.

Later Rupa and Ravi went to their flat as Ravi needs to get ready for the office.

Vikram also started to get ready.

"Anu, I will come by 7'o clock. If I got late. I will message. Ok." Vikram said wearing his wristwatch.

Anu nodded her head.

"We will go grocery shopping after I'm back." He said coming towards her.

"Ok, but what about your lunch?" Anu asked.

"I will eat in the canteen. Don't worry. One minute. This the phone number of a nearby restaurant, they will give home deliveries. Order your lunch from here. Their food tastes best." He said giving her the restaurant card from the cupboard.