five || the delusional

망상
"the delusional"

—— ••◈•• ——

A/N: This chapter will be in a third-person view.

In a mansion, a girl with brown hair was looking at the palace silhoutte from a distance. She was holding her toy bunny while glancing at the Imperial Castle from her bedroom balcony.

At the age of five, Jennette Margarita, didn't know when she had abhor such hatred in her heart for the blonde princess living inside the palace walls.

Years ago, when she accidentally removed a ring that she had always worn, she was met with her reflection but with jewelled eyes. She immediately put the ring back on and ran towards the office of her foster.

She was greeted by both Roger Alpheus and her maternal aunt, Countess Rosalia Judith. When she mentioned what happened, Rosalia immediately told her that she was indeed part of the Imperial Family of the Obelian Empire, but she was hidden for now, they said.

Since then, she dreamed of one day standing side-by-side with her father and her half-sister.

But she changed over the course of the year. Everytime she hears the current princess' name, she felt anger in her heart. Soon she started imagining of removing her half-sister in the picture, especially when she heard from the maids that the Emperor was a doting father to the Princess.

Pulling herself out of her thoughts, she went back inside the room and sat down in front of the vanity, before removing the ring. Despite hating her brunette hair that she had inherited from her mother, she adored her hidden jewelled eyes.

"Just wait for a few more years, Jettie! My dear sister, you're taking too much from me. Something that shouldn't be yours."

A part of Jennette was confused why she's thinking like this, but a huge part of her was overpowering it. It doesn't help that everytime she sleeps, she dreams about her life as a Princess of Obelia, the beloved daughter of the Emperor.

A family that she had desired ever since she was born. To be thrown in a foster home by her own aunt, only to be told that she is to be a princess.

"Jennette?"

She was startled when someone called her name outside her bedroom. She calmed herself before telling the person to come in.

She was greeted by a tall boy who had shiny silver hair that could rival a twinkling star in the sky, a handsome face and his golden-coloured eyes that might be brighter than the sun. The son of Duke Roger Alpheus, Ijekiel Alpheus.

"Brother!"

Ijekiel smiled at his foster sister. He didn't know that such a simple smile can massively affect the heart of the young girl in front of him.

"Have you had breakfast yet?"

He asked, Jennette shook her head as an answer. Ijekiel offered to walk with her towards the mansion's dining hall. Upon arriving, they both saw that the Dukewas already seated and is talking to the mansion's butler.