seventeen || second fragment - part 02

두 번째 조각
"second fragment — pt. 2"

—— ••◈•• ——

"What about my daughter?"

Claude asked Lucas, what the man wanted to talk about...

Lucas made a face, then said "I'd like to talk to the Emperor... alone..."

Felix was ready to protest indicating that the Emperor cannot be left alone with an unknown man, even if he proclaims that he is a magician, but he was stopped by Claude.

"Leave."

"Your Majesty..."

"Leave the room, Felix..."

Felix didn't have a choice as the person who ordered him to leave is the emperor himself. Lucas and Claude were the only ones left inside the room, and the moment the door closed, the room was suddenly filled with darkness.

Claude slightly flinched at the sudden change and when he faced Lucas, his eyes were different.

Lucas's eyes glowed and he knows it was filled with anger. Lucas approached him, "This is all your fault!"

Claude's eyebrows frowned at what the magician's exclaimed. "What are you talking about?!"

"You played with fate! You brought her back to the beginning of her life and caused destruction!"

That was when Claude understood what he was saying.

The time where he used his magic to create a rift in time and bring him back to the past, the day when his daughter is born as well as the death of his lover.

"I had to do it... And you won't understand it!"

Lucas got more infuriated at what he said, "You're the sole reason for her current situation! Your selfishness to bring her back in time and redo everything messed up her fate!"

Lucas was panting heavily.

"And now she's paying the consequences of your actions!" Lucas bursts, he stepped away from Claude in hopes of not accidentally killing him and have Athanasia hate him.

"And what do you want me to do?! See her lifeless form in my arms?!"

Lucas's back was facing Claude, "That was your choice. You chose to forget her and deal with a chimera instead."

Claude was hit. He knew what he did before. Giving all his attention to an unknown child that the Alpheus family introduced as his daughter.

"How long is this gonna happen?"

Claude asked with hidden fear that his daughter will suffer for a long time. "Up until she remembers what her 'supposed future' is."

Claude was nervous. He didn't want Athanasia to remember those. He knows that if Athanasia remembers it, she'll cower in fear and she'll hate him.

"That will never happen."

Lucas looked at Claude in disbelief... he scoffed.

"It already happened!"

Claude remained stoic. But deep down he was scared of Athanasia's memories, but he had no choice but to find a way to stop it. Even if he had to change her fate once again...

Lucas left his office, he was left alone.

Claude sighed deeply. He needed to see her.

He wouldn't handle it if he saw her again lifeless. He stood up and stomped his way to Athanasia's palace.