Chaper 4-Failure

Zelda

'I find that the rest of today is going just fine. No slip-ups so far ever since I had got my act together..well I hope I did anyway.
But I know the ceremony hasn't begun yet but I still have hope for the day ahead. And who knows, possibly even longer than that?' Zelda thought to herself with her usual small smile.

Zelda gave a sigh of relief. She had been feeling too stressed today but right now, as the calming breeze stroked her hair and the bright sun gave her a reassuring hug...She felt okay. Not happy. Not sad. Just okay. And she could live with that...in the moment anyway.

Zelda had a conversation with her Father a few moments before. It wasn't much, just the usual check-up and a few extra things that Zelda had already taken care of.

Zelda at the moment was talking to a few of the town folk. She did zone out a few times but she loved everyone here dearly. A few people waited from the distance. 'I guess they really wanted to see me knight one of our men?' She thought to herself.

But what she didn't know was that they came for many other reasons. Yes, she was half correct. But some people came to finally see the Princess and witness her beauty with their own eyes. It sounds quite stupid, right? And if the Princess found out, she'd think the same. But think about it like this. Zelda rarely went out. When she did, she did. Nobody in the town would get to see her all the time, because it was obviously never said to everyone every time she left the castle.

There were a few more reasons but to do with the main reason she was even doing this ceremony. And Zelda herself did not truly know...yet.

Zelda finished talking to a few people and then brushed her hair back with her hands. She turned to look at her Father in the distance. He gave her a nod to indicate and request for her presence.

She gracefully made her way there. And if you didn't know. They were in an open field. Well known as the sacred ground ruins.
The middle was a large, circular, stone floor and there were pillars evenly around it. There was also a path leading to the castle. Apparently they were to finish the ceremony inside Hyrule castle at the end. But surely after this...her job would be over...right?..

She stepped up a few steps and stood in the centre of the stone ground. Her father far behind her and the champions far in front if her. She saw others watching ahead. The pressure was on.

And then. That's when things were starting to get intense.

She heard few people's steps from behind and heard them say to the king gently that 'He's coming'.

'No need to worry..it's just a speech...and then I shall knight him? Thats it! Very simple. I can do this. I hope...

...because if I can't even do this. I am not fit for a future Queen.'

She took a deep sigh. And then closed her eyes as she stood awkwardly in the middle. Her delicate, petite hands holding onto eachother for comfort. The wind blew her hair behind her and the breeze calmed her again.

She heard a few more footsteps and voices and her pointed ears instantly pricked up like an animal at the sudden sound. She opened her eyes, her big, emerald eyes glistened in the sunlight.

And it took her a while to process everything. The champions were still there. Her father, behind her.

But right in front of her was the person she was least expecting.
The person who was stuck in her mind all day. The person who she desperately tried to forget. The person with the calm blue waters he calls eyes.