Chapter 18-Him

(old) Note: pics added to some chapters and minor editing done :)
______________________________________

Zelda

'He entered so normally. I mean, he simply changed his outfit...but all these new feelings...made me feel so odd, especially when it came to things like this. Every movement he took, I observed. I just couldn't help it.'

Zelda paid very close attention to Link as he came strolling in, more than usual this time.
And as always, time went slow. Well...for her at least.
And she used this time, which felt like forever, to fully examine him.
She didn't know why, but she just wanted to. And so, she followed her heart which made her do this...instead of her mind.

Her eyes shifted to him completely this time. Her gaze did not lower once and she focused on him carefully with a blank expression spread out on her face...with a hint of curiosity and wonder hidden in her big, emerald eyes.
And for some reason, she didn't care if anyone had noticed by now. But luckily no one appeared to notice, so thankfully, she wouldn't have any regrets later.

She continued to examine him. He had a royal guard outfit put on, she had seen high rank knights wear it from time and time again. But his...was different.

Maybe it was different because they had added a few finishing touches to it...or maybe because it seemed more vibrant in the sunlight, which beamed beautifully onto him from the windows...or maybe it was because it made fit to size...revealing his strong physique...

...or....

Maybe It was just simply because him wearing it made her feel like this. And him wearing it, made it seem more beautiful than ever. She never thought this much about a knight's unform in her whole life. But her mind refused to believe any of it. And she wasn't even suprised this time.

Given this, she avoided direct eye contact and paid more attention to his actual outfit. Even thought she already did, she felt like she was just staring off into his face...which could make Link feel worried about his clothing.

Time continued to slow down as he stood still close to the door. She noticed it had extra detail compared to the other knights she had seen wearing similar clothes, and it also looked much more high in quality. She guessed it was made like this, simply because of his role.

But, she didn't know why she felt so 'odd'. Compared to all the men she saw out the window, all the prince's that came to visit, and all the knights she saw every day...she just felt different when it came to him. He could be wearing anything and she knew she'd feel exactly the same, she knew this ever since she laid eyes on him. No one else could make her feel so 'odd'...except him.

She noticed that his gaze was lowered but she still noticed his eyes

She noticed that his gaze was lowered but she still noticed his eyes. They imediently lit the room up with colour as always. But...it was slightly different this time, the first thing she noticed after that was...his pair of eyes had a mixture of emotion hidden in them.
It's like he had been thinking...a lot. It made him seem a little upset, a feeling Zelda deep down could relate to. She didn't have much time to think about that until she realised how no one seemed to notice all this...except herself. Her heart would not let his 'sadness' slide so she kept it in mind for later.