Chapter 15-Reschedule

Zelda

'I didn't know why...but this whole morning I had been trying my best to hurry. I even got up early...earlier than usual. I just kept reminding myself of me and Link's peaceful day....just us and the fresh air.'

Zelda got ready for the morning. All she needed to do now was make sure she got changed. But she couldn't help but smile to herself.

...

But Zelda didn't know about the big storm coming her way. Maybe not now...but soon.

...

'I wonder if Link feels just as happy as I am right now? But he may not be over thinking as much as me.'

Zelda pushed her loose curles back and let it lay behind her. She was just about to get out her research clothes from her wardrobe when she heard a few knocks coming from the door.

'Could it be Link...?..'

Zelda quickly wiped the grin off of her face. She then heard a soft, soothing voice. There was only one other hylian with this voice.

"Zelda, your majesty...may I come in..?"

Zelda let out a deep breath. "Yes, of course!"

Lady Catherine entered the room. She had her usual sweet, warming smile on her face.
"You're up early. Why the bigger hurry than usual..?"
"Oh--no reason.." Zelda replied.
Zelda looked at the ground and waited for Catherine to respond.
"Oh! I'm only messing, my lady." She chuckled.

"Anyways, Zelda I'm here for two things....a check-up because...the last time we spoke you had appointed that young man, what was him name again? Ah, the name was Link!....I'm guessing you didn't take it very well..."

Catherine had a mixture of emotions in her eyes. Zelda could tell she was very worried but tried to make it into a joke in case of Zelda's response.

"Well...obviously at the start I didn't. But I've gotten to the point when I can't be bothered to disagree with everything. I still dislike this all, but I mustn't act like a child."

Zelda said it with a serious expression. Catherine knew she was being honest.

"Well. I'm sure you'll be fine in the end. He seems like a great man."
Catherine smiled at Zelda before she continued.

"Anyways, the second thing I wanted to speak to you about was a message your father wanted to send..."

'Of course he sent her to tell me. Without even coming to visit.'

Zelda sighed as Lady Catherine continued.

".....Your friend has arrived for a visit. Miss Eleanor."
Zelda looked up as Catherine said the name.

"She decided to visit before the Masquerade Ball. Isn't that lovely?"

'It feels nice for her to visit me. But what's this other feeling...because now me and Link will have to reschedule.'

"Ah, yes. Very lovely indeed. I'll make sure to cancel all my plans for today."
Catherine stared at Zelda confused as she spoke.
"Your majesty, did you have plans today..?.."
Zelda took a deep breath.
"I did. But only minor things. They weren't that important." She lied.

Catherine sensed the lie but did not make it clear that she did.
"Okay, I best be off then."
Catherine gave one last smile and left the room, making sure she shut it on the way out.

Silence had filled the room after Catherine left.

"I guess...I really can't go on my stroll with Link today...at least I'll get to see my friend." She mumbled.

Zelda breathed in and out before she finished off getting ready.
Obviously, she couldn't wear her research clothes today but she made sure to look her best for her friend, Lady Eleanor.

A few moments later

After Zelda was ready she looked into the mirror. She wore her beautiful royal blue dress. The dress was full of pretty patterns and designs, including pure gold added almost everywhere. It had long, loose sleeves and the top of the dress was tight and fit to size while the other half flowed loosely at the bottom.
Only the best for a princess.

Zelda had put on a golden tiara-shaped, headband

Zelda had put on a golden tiara-shaped, headband. It had a beautiful red gem in the centre. She took a quick glimpse at her reflection once more before inhaling and exhaling again.

'I still see a failure. Not even all the gems in the whole of Hyrule can hide a failure. I still don't deserve this...I've done nothing to deserve this role.'

Zelda couldn't tell if she was happy or not. She couldn't take her stroll today.

'It's just a stroll. So why do I feel like this? How ungrateful.'

Zelda got her things and walked to the door to exit. She realised she had to explain to Link that they couldn't go today....hopefully tomorrow..

She turned the handle, shut the door behind her and turned to her right.

And of course...there was only one other person who was waiting for her.

And she had a lot to explain to this one person.

....

End of chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for short chapter.

(old note)
For more information on updates check the chapter called 'important message'
UPDATE: OK IT WAS DECIDED

ALSO TY FOR 650+ READS IN A LITTLE OVER A WEEK xx

Written:29/12/20
Published: 30/12/20