Chapter 18 - Meeting the girls

Zayn’s POV

It’s been a whole day, the hospital room lights were now dimmed since the sun had gone back down, and i felt myself slowly drifting off.

I was worried about Maya. It was only an allergic reaction and she still hasn’t woken up. The doctors keep on reassuring me it’s just the medicine they put her on, but I’m still worried.

I’m convinced I’ve fallen for Maya. I mean what’s not to fall for. Anyone who doesn’t think she’s the most beautiful girl in the world has got to be crazy.

My eyes were closed and darkness was slowly taking over me when suddenly i felt the soft skin of Maya's hand tighten around mine. I thought i was dreaming so i didn’t take much notice of it, but when i heard a soft voice whisper my name my eyes sprung wide open.

“Maya!” i whispered in relief and gave her a huge bear hug, being careful not to pull out any of the wires attached to her.

“How long was i out for?” she sleepily asked, probably still slightly drowsy from the medicine.

“Almost a whole 24 hours, they must have put you on really strong antibiotics.” I chuckled. She chuckled along with me weakly, and yawned soon after.

“I’ll be right back.” I whispered to her. I knew she was tired and i didn’t want her to have to bare with one of those uncomfortable hospital beds another night, so i was going to alert Doctor Holmes and ask of Maya would be ready to leave tonight.

“Hey, Doctor Holmes, um, Maya’s woken up, which is good news, and uh, i was wondering if she could come back home tonight?” I asked, hopefully.

“She’s woken ahh that’s brilliant, well Mr Malik, I’ll have to check on the condition she’s in, and if she’s all fine, shell be good to go!” Doctor Holmes gleefully replied. I thanked him and followed him back to Maya’s room.

I had been waiting for about half an hour before Doctor Holmes came back out of the room with his natural smile on his face.

“Well, she’s still a little drowsy from the antibiotics, but that will wear off by its self, so she’s just changing into the clothes you brought for her and then you’ll be free to go!” I was so thankful we got a doctor like Doctor Holmes, and not a moody old dick of a doctor.

“Thank you, you’ve been so much help Doctor Holmes!” i shook his hand thankfully.

“No worries Mr Malik, it’s my job.” He smiled. We said our goodbyes and i left off with Maya, basically carrying her through the hospital and the car park because of how tired and woozy she was.

We were finally in the car making our way back home; the boys said they were at home, having a movie night with the girls. Well, now Maya can meet Eleanor and Sophia, she’ll finally have some girl company rather than being surrounded by ruthless boys 24/7.

We stopped off at a nearby Costa and Maya ordered a coffee, and since then, she hasn’t been able to keep herself calm, she’s been nonstop talking, extremely touchy and singing along as loud as she could to whatever song came on the radio, even if she didn’t know the words she would just scream along to it.

“We’re hooo-ooome!” Maya sand as she dramatically entered the front door.

Eleanor’s POV

I was snuggled in Louis’ embrace as we were watching insidious, and i let out a small scream and hid my face in Louis’ chest as i heard someone scream something from the hallway.

“We’re hooo-ooome!” Louis laughed at how scared i got over something that obviously wasn’t scary.

“You’re silly,” Louis chuckled and poked my nose; i playfully scowled back at him “Maya’s seems to be home and healthy!” Louis laughed, taking me off his lap and carefully placing me back on the couch.