Nostalgic Investigation (Richard Gumshoe X Reader)

Requested by: misakani_writes

Time: Before or During Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney (yes, we are going to the very first one. You can choose if it took place before or during, it doesn't really affect anything.) Not canon and no spoilers as usual

.•°ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ᴩᴏᴠ°•.

Ahh...the Criminal Affairs Department. It still hasn't changed. You went inside and looked around. Nostalgia hit you in the head when you got to your former desk. It still looks the same. The computer looks fine, the desk still have those tiny scratches on the sides and the chair looked worn out,  guess they didn't replaced it. But wait you are asking, yes you, the reader.

Why are you back here, didn't you left here to go abroad?

Well, they sent me here to help with one of your former partners, Richard Gumshoe. You asked the other officers if they had seen him. They said that he was on one of Mr. Edgeworth's trials. So you just sat at a nearby bench, waiting for him. While doing that, you just used your phone to pass the time. Play some games or scrolling through social media, just what you mostly do at your phone.

.•°ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ'ꜱ ᴩᴏᴠ°•.

.•°1 ʜᴏᴜʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ°•.

"Take that!"

"Stay down!"

"Yes! Finally, I beat you!"

Dang that one is hard to finish off. I finally beat Nancy MI847J (lol yes I am giving you some info about me while making these oneshots. Second, where are the tekken fans at??). I stood up and cheered. Then, I heard the door opened. I looked and more nostalgic memories flooded my mind.

"Gumshoe!" I called him before putting my phone back in my pocket.

He turned his head to my direction and he widen his eyes. He pretty much looked like he was thrown a surprise birthday party.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!!" He ran up to me and hug me which almost made me fall.

A little backstory about me and him, I had a crush on Gumshoe. I know that he is not doing good financially but he just have bad luck, poor guy. He is hardworking and friendly to others. It's no surprise that we've gotten close.

"What you doing here, pal? I thought you'd never gonna come back from abroad." He said.

"They send me here to work with you. They said that you will be working on a tough case after the trial. And plus, I miss my pal...and my heart stealer." I muttered the last part softly.

"What was that pal?" He asked.

"Nothing! I just thought one of the cases I was working on in the past."

He seemed to buy it because he just shrugged it off.

"So, when it's break time, you gotta tell me the cases you did! I bet they're tough and complicated." Gumshoe said in a cheerful tone.

"Sure thing Gumshoe." I answered.

Then, an officer approached us. He seems to be a new addition to the force. He is quite scrawny to be an officer but I don't doubt that he will be strong as time goes by. I looked at his ID and it says "Mike Meekins".