06 ᴀɴᴀɴᴅᴀ

✿

ONCE SHE GOT TO THE MEDIA ROOM, LANA CONFIDENTLY KNOCKED ON THE DOOR. it was swung open by a younger man, his eyes sunken surrounded by dark bags. his hair was greasy and sticking to his forehead.
"can i help you." he spoke, his voice harsh and groggy. he very obviously hadn't slept in days.
"hi, i'm lana, the new photographer. i'm here to pick up my computer?" lana asked. the man sat up in his chair.
"oh of course! hello lana, lovely to meet you i'm matt. here let me just get it." the man, matt said digging into a drawer next to him.
"it's nice to meet you too matt." lana responded politely. the man pulled a large macbook and pulled it onto his lap. he wiped the front making sure it was sparkling. he smiled before handing it over to lana, she took is off him in awe.
"so once you open it up, you will need to create an account which belongs to the media department. this is so all your stuff is saved." matt explained. lana nodded showing him she understood. he took a usb stick off of his table and handed it to lana.
"you will save all your pictures onto this, then, drag them to the folder on your desktop which is named 'share', every member of media staff can access this folder. that's about it. any help just come up and see myself or jane." he said.
"perfect, i got it. thank you very much. i'll see you around." lana said smiling.
"bye!" matt said.

lana closed the door behind her as she left the room. her brain swirled with all this new information she had been told. excitement kicked in as she left the media corridor and followed the signs to the outside area. lana saw rhiannon standing at the door, her face lit up with a large smile.
"thank god i caught you, i forgot to tell you that you aren't taking pictures at the main pitch today. the team are training on the back pitch for a change." rhiannon said releasing a deep breath. lana laughed at the panicking girl in front of her and placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.
"don't worry about it! at least you caught me huh? maybe you could walk me out." lana said. rhiannon nodded slipping her arm around lana's making sure not to touch her camera or new macbook.
"its a very lovely walk down to the back pitches. maybe we will spot some of the players on the way." rhiannon said wiggling her eyebrows as the two girls laughed. lana's phone began to buzz in her pocket, rhiannon released her arm from her's letting lana get her phone from her pocket. once the phone lay in lana's hand, she swiped right to answer the call not even reading the caller id.

"sorry rhiannon, just let me take this. hello?" lana said into the phone. "lana thank god, where have you been?" maria's loud voice rung through lana's ears. lana laughed.
"well, i don't know about you but i have a job." lana responded sarcastically. maria snickered at her best friend.
"oh shut up. now what's going on? why so many messages." lana asked maria still walking along side rhiannon.
"for one, i wanted to know how you are and second, i have some very juicy news." maria said, lana could practically hear her best friend's smirk through the phone.
"i'm great actually, just heading to my first shoot. now, what's going on? i'm nervous." lana said.
"that's good girl, call me after and tell me all about the fit boys." maria replied before pausing.
okay, i have a date tonight. nothing big but, yeah." maria blurted out in one go. lana's hand flew over her mouth with a loud slap, rhiannon jumped beside her before laughing and shaking her head.
"maria it's about time! i am so happy for you." lana said.
"thank you, i have to go shower and shave so i'll let you go and i'll tell you everything tonight okay?" maria said.
"of course, i'll talk later bye!" lana said. the phone ended and lana slipped it back in her pocket.
"i'm sorry that was really rude." lana apologised to rhiannon.
"no no don't worry about it, sounded important." rhiannon said with a giggle.

the two girl continued walked for around five minutes, they stood next to the front pitches before lana stopped. her eyes guided over to a set of double doors being pushed open by two boys in tracksuits.
"are they?" lana began.
"yes, that's mason greenwood and daniel james." rhiannon cut her off. lana smiled.
"you can head back inside if you want, i don't want to drag you all the way out her just for you to walk back alone." lana told rhiannon.
"are you sure?" rhiannon replied looking behind her then back at lana.
"yes! it's getting cold too, get inside and get warm. i'll be okay." lana said placing her hands on rhiannon's shoulders and turned her around to face the way they came.
"okay, please find me tomorrow and tell me how it goes." rhiannon said as she began to walk away.
"i will! bye." lana called out before turning around and walking to the back pitches.

as soon as lana made it to the back pitches  where only a few players were, all eyes were on her. a man with a large puffer jacket jogged over to the girl.
"hello, are you lana rossi by any chance?" the man said looking down at lana.
"oh, yeah." lana replied with a small smile. the man smiled too.
"lovely, we have been so excited to meet our star team photographer." the man said stifling a laugh. lana laughed along too surprised at how sweet the intimidating man is.
"i'm michael, the assistant manager but don't worry i'll get you introduced to everyone." michael said giving lana a thumbs up. lana nodded still smiling.
"come with me, meet the gaffer." michael said walking over to the group of guys he previously stood with. lana followed behind him picking at her fingers nervously.
"ole, this is lana, our new team photographer." michael said catching the man's attention. lana recognised him as the manager of manchester united.
"hi lana, it's lovely to meet you. we are excited to have you joining our squad." ole said putting his hand out for lana to shake. lana put her laptop securely under her arm before shaking his hand.
"it's nice to meet you too sir, i am very happy to be here." lana said politely making a good impression. ole smiled looking at his watch.
"all the boys should be out or just coming out now, we will get you introduced, then, just do what you have to do." ole said.
"perfect." lana said. a couple minutes went by before ole began shouting the boys over.

"this is lana, our new photographer." ole said. all eyes fell to lana as she waved at the boys with a massive smile on her face. most of the boys smiled or even waved back. lana did recognise a few of them from the night where maria and herself looked at the players. the boys began to talk amongst themselves as they split into little groups.
"right c'mon guys, get warmed up. five laps round the pitch." michael shouted. the boys began to run as lana slipped of to the side of the pitch to set up.

__________________________________

hello !

happy new year !! this year will hopefully be better than 2020. no promises though.

i hope everyone is well and staying safe.

thank you for the support on this book !