09 ᴀɴᴀɴᴅᴀ

✿

LANA WOKE UP WITH HER PHONE IN HAND AND DROOL DRIPPING OUT HER MOUTH. last night, lana had lay down in the living room sofa while talking to maria. she must have passed out. she sat up and picked up her phone, five percent. lana groaned wiping the drool from her mouth and looked around. she picked herself from the sofa, slouching over to the kitchen counter socket where an iphone charger was plugged in. lana attached her phone to it. she looked down at herself noticing she was in the same clothes from yesterday, she grimaced thinking about how filthy she was. stripping her t-shirt and bottoms off, she made her way to the bathroom and opened the shower door. she turned to hot water and continued taking her clothes off. she got in to wash.

lana was out after half an hour in the shower, she got dressed into deep brown wide leg trousers and a black knit sweater covered in cats. with a couple sprays of perfume and body spray, she was dressed.

lana did not have to go into work today, she just had to process the best pictures from yesterday's training session and place them in the share file. seeming easy enough, lana decided she would treat herself to a coffee before sitting down in front of a screen for a couple hours. her phone was now sitting on fifty percent when lana unplugged it from the wall and slipped it into her trouser pocket. lana opened her apartment door and walked out making sure to lock it. she walked down the large flight of stairs and left the apartment buildings behind.

the sun was out today in manchester, the roads got busier the further lana walked into town. no idea where she was going, lana pulled her phone out of the pocket and clicked on maps. she searched around the area before typing in for the nearest starbucks. not only was there one round the corner from where she lived, but she just passed it. with a groan, lana spun around on her heels and banged into a lean body.
"oh fuck i'm so sorry." lana apologised lifting her head up at the person. a tall man. very tall in fact, at least a foot taller.
"my fault darlin' sorry, don't worry about it." the man said looking down at her. another man moved beside the guy, he was much smaller than him. lana felt her face heat up as the two watched her intently.
"i, uh, have to head. bye." lana said continuing on her route to the startbucks. occasionally turning round to see the two guys still watching her. they only began to walk away when lana was out of sight. weird.

-

lana had just left the starbucks with her coffee, iced coffee. she pulled out her phone noticing a missed call from rhiannon. she immediately opened up her phone with face id and called her back. it ringed twice before the other line was filled with a soft voice.
"hi lana, rhiannon here. just wondering how you are getting on with the photos." she asked lana.
"yeah hey rhiannon, i'm just getting started now! had to go get some coffee. yesterday was a breeze, lots of fun honestly. the guys seem like a great bunch. i'm excited." lana responded to the girl smiling brightly. the apartment building was now in her view.
"perfect lana perfect, i'm glad to hear you are enjoying it! you will fit in like a puzzle piece trust me. i have a couple things to discuss but it can wait. call me when you are done?" rhiannon said. lana laughed.
"will do. bye rhi." lana said hanging up the phone and slid it into her pocket. the sun was still blaring down on her as she reached the apartment complex.

lana got in the door of her apartment and immediately opened her laptop, she logged in with her password. she then grabbed her camera as well as the transporting usb cable. she plugged it into the camera then the laptop, lana took a step away letting the large amount of pictures download. she opened up her phone and messaged her mum, they hadn't talked for a day or so.
'hi mum, just letting you know i've settled in and it's lovely here. can't wait to have you round soon.' lana read over the message before sending it over.

the photos processed fast than what lana thought, she thought it was magic. lana unplugged her camera from the laptop and put it aside scrolling through the now filled camera roll. one by one, she went through the pictures, leaving the ones she thought were good and putting the bad or blurry ones in the bin. by the time lana had went through the hundreds of pictures, there was ninety left and lana was shattered. lana created a folder which was filled with the ninety pictures and she titled it 'training day one.' she then imported it into the media team's share folder which she had been told to do. time had supposedly flew by as the sun had started to go dark outside. lana grabbed her phone, went into her contacts and called rhiannon. she picked up after one ring. a laugh filled lana's ear.
"i was just about to call you, that's hilarious." rhiannon said still laughing. lana laughed along, what a coincidence.
"yeah, it was just about what you said earlier. you had somethings to discuss, i just imported the pictures." lana said.
"great lana that's exactly what we needed, thank you for getting them in so quickly. okay so about the discussion." rhiannon said.
"yes?" lana said.
"tomorrow we need to in work, i know it is your day off but matt needs you in. we need you to film an interview with a player. although we are still deciding who this will be, we need you in." rhiannon said.
"okay i'm up to come in. work comes first." lana said with a giggle.
"great, if you would like any more information email myself or matt. also the first match you with be photographing is on saturday afternoon. again i will email you more details. any questions?" rhiannon asked, she seemed in a bit of a rush. lana did not want to keep her.
"no no i'm okay, i'll email you later on." lana replied.
"perfect, i will meet you at your apartment complex at, let's say, six forty. so we can grab coffee." rhiannon said.
"see you then." lana said. the phone all was cut off.

almost immediately, lana grabbed the laptop from beside her and opened up the email application on her desktop. she signed in with her work log in and thankfully, it worked. a few emails sat unopened in her inbox, just about her new log in details and one from rhiannon introducing herself. there was one on the top of her inbox, it was sent not even five minutes ago. the name at the top was 'manchester media.' without hesitation, lana clicked on it. a large picture of a player popped up. scott mctominay interview. lana skimmed the email quietly mumbling the words to herself.
"please be prepared for filming and dress for the part." lana mumbled.
"oh fuck."

__________________________________