04 ᴀɴᴀɴᴅᴀ

✿

"TURN LEFT AND YOU WILL SEE A DRIVER HOLDING A SIGN WITH 'ROSSI' ON IT. DO YOU SEE IT?" jake asked to lana into the phone. lana turned left and walked keeping her eyes peeled. she red she signs as she walked around. williams, o'kean, davis, rossi. lana's lips formed into a small smile as she read her last name.
"i see it jake." lana said relieved.
"great now, just walk over to the driver and he will take you to the hotel where you will be rhiannon. she will be your mentor for your first couple of days at work." jake said.
"okay great, thank you." lana said.
"no problem. i will see you tomorrow." jake said hanging up the phone. lana slid her phone into her pocket and began wheeling her bad to the driver.

"lana rossi?" the driver asked her. it was an older woman, she wore dark trousers and a rather bright purple top. she smiled as lana walked over.
"yeah that's me." lana replied smiling back at the woman.
"hi, i'm kay. i will be driving you to the hotel." kay said walking to lana and taking her bag for her.
"thank you kay." lana said. the two began walking out of the train station and into the taxi pick-up park.
"so is this your first time in manchester?" kay asked lana while putting his suitcase in the backseat.
"yeah, i mean i've been here for a day out but never to live here." lana replied, she was pleased it would be an awkward drive. lana opened the passenger seat door and got inside, kay got into the driver seat.
"where are you from?" kay asked.
"london originally but i lived in liverpool." lana said nodding.
"lovely, are you ready to go? do you need anything first?" kay asked nicely.
"no i'm okay thank you, let's hit the road." lana said.

kay handed lana her suitcase before closing the car boot harshly.
"thank you kay." lana said.
"hi, lana?" a voice said behind lana causing her to spin in surprise. there was a tall girl around lana's age, maybe a couple years older. she had a manchester united tracksuit on and her hair was put up into a high ponytail.
"hey rhiannon right? it's lovely to meet you." lana said pulling the taller girl into a hug, she of course hugged back gracefully.
"yeah i'm rhiannon, rhiannon swift." she said stepping back from lana. kay had already driven off.
"so i can get you signed into your room, i have some things from jake to give you and then i'll leave you til tomorrow. follow me" rhiannon said walking off into the hotels front doors. lana followed behind her. they walked into the hotel, the heat of the hotel hitting them. it was extremely cosy. rhiannon walked to the front desk were she was greeted with a man.
"hi mark can i get the keys for room forty five, our new photographer came in today." rhiannon told the man, mark, at the front desk.
"of course i can! just give me a moment." mark said.

a few words were exchanged between rhiannon and mark before the keys were slid across the desk. mark's head turned to you.
"now, feel free to call down to our services if you need any drinks or snacks. housekeeping is every third day and please be considerate as you have roommates staying at either side of you." he said politely.
"wow thank you, this is magical." lana said with a smile. rhiannon smiled before thanking mark and walking to the stairs where lana followed her.
"now your room is the second floor and it is room number forty five." rhiannon said handing lana the keys. it had a small harry potter figurine on it.
"here are the keys, now do you need help or are you happy to go away and get unpacked." rhiannon asked looking at the girl.
"i think i'm okay." lana said confidently with a large smile.
"perfect! well i'll meet you down here tomorrow at seven am. we will get lunch at the cafeteria in the stadium." rhiannon said.
"okay, see you tomorrow." lana said waving at the girl who walked away. lana picked up her suitcase and slowly began to make her way to the room.

shifting her suitcase between both her hands, lana finally made it up the two flights of stairs to her room. the brown, oak door was the silver imprints of the numbers four and five. forty five. satisfied, lana dropped her suitcase on the floor and grabbed the key sliding it into the keyhole. with one turn and a click of a lock, lana opened the door.

the room was large, the furniture all matched and had the wonderful smell of fresh wood. the couches were white with black and orange pillows, the curtains of the main window matching. lana wheeled her suitcase into the room and shut the door behind her before she had a closer look at the room. she walked over to a closed door and opened it up revealing a clean, marvelled bathroom. the shine glimmering in lana's eyes. a large mirror and built-in shower fit the bathroom wonderfully. leaving the room, lana found another door as she opened it. a large bedroom was revealed with a double bed and walk in wardrobe, a full length mirror and window with an outback view. the bed was covered in fluffy white pillows and a wooly grey blanket. lana walked back out of the door and back into the sitting area, she walked over to the window which showed a view of greater manchester in front of her.

lana had packed her stuff away almost immediately after she had searched the room. she left a pair of comfy pyjamas out for her to wear. it was around eleven pm now and the sky had completely engulfed the sun. lana got changed before turning all the lights off in her room and closing the curtains, she walked into the bedroom. she picked up all the fluffy pillows and placed them all at the foot of the bed. she pulled the covers aside and slipped into them, pulling the covers back over her. with a sigh of comfort, lana's eyes closed as she fell asleep.

the alarm on lana's phone rung out stirring lana out of her sleep. her eyes fluttered open as she lay still on her bed. laying there for a good minute, the alarm still rung which lana eventually sat up and turned it off. looking out the bedroom window, raindrops fell slowly with grace. it didn't look like it would rain for long, well, lana wished it wouldn't rain for very long. she got out of her bed and made it, putting the pillows back to where they should be.

lana got dressed into baggy wide-leg jeans with a white t-shirt which had a sun embroidered into the pocket. she brushed her hair then ruffled her fingers through it to give it some volume. after brushing her teeth and popping a piece of gum in her mouth, lana was ready to go for her first day at her new job. lana had slipped her phone into her pocket before walking into the living room. her camera bag, which held her camera and all her lenses, sat on the couch. she picked it up and lay the strap on her shoulder so the camera was at her hip. the time was six fifty four, lana left her apartment to meet rhiannon in the hotel reception.

__________________________________