05 ᴀɴᴀɴᴅᴀ

✿

AFTER WALKING DOWN THE TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS, LANA HAD FINALLY MADE IT TO THE RECEPTION. rhiannon was standing next to the desk talk to mark, the same man in reception yesterday afternoon. her face lit up once she saw you.
"y/n! it's nice to see you again. how did you sleep?" she said sweetly.
"hi rhiannon, it's good to see you too. i slept great! my room is perfect by the way." lana responded earning a smile from mark.
"oh great! it's seven on the dot so we should head to old trafford. i'll see you later mark." rhiannon said calling lana over as they both walked out the hotel's doors. mark waved as they did so.

the two girls walked beside eachother, the rain had stopped a little, it was only spitting now.
"how are you feeling about your first day on the job?" rhiannon said with a large smile. lana laughed.
"i am really excited, i have never done anything this big before." she said placing her hands protectively on the camera which hung from her shoulders.
"so we will get you a work pass and get you out to the field where jonathan will be waiting to meet you. he is our main tech guy, you will love him. lunch will be served at one o'clock. oh! and, the boys go out to train at half one so that will be your time to shine." rhiannon said excitedly.
"sounds great rhiannon! this is so exciting yet it sounds like you are more excited than me." lana said making the girl beside her giggle in embarrassment.

after walking for no longer than five minutes, the two girls had made it to the old trafford entrance. a large man stood at the door, a security guard, he smiled at they walked to the door. he was an older man for sure but didn't look a day over 30.
"oh no, it's rhiannon. hi sweetheart how are you." he said giddily, a contagious happiness laced within his attitude.
"hi larry, i'm fine as ever. how are you." rhiannon responded to the man.
"i am perfect miss, absolutely perfect." he said his eyes shifting to lana then back at rhiannon.
"this is lana, she is out new photographer hear at old trafford." rhiannon introduced the smaller girl, pointing at her. lana stepped forward to the security guard and stuck her hand out from him to shake, as he did.
"lovely to meet you lana, i am larry." he said before rhiannon butted in.
"probably the nicest guy you will meet around here." she said with a laugh causing the other two around her to laugh. larry reached into his pocket pulling out a pass, it had a red ribbon so you could keep it around your neck. he handed it to lana.
"now this is for you. you need to keep this safe as this will get you in and out the building with no bother. i don't want to hold you two up for any longer, in you go." larry said opening the door for the girls.
"thank you larry." lana and rhiannon said in unison.

"okay we have been to the main office. we have been to the bathrooms. we have been to your office and mine too. where have we not been." rhiannon said her hand placed on her chin habitually as she brainstormed. lana, new to old trafford, had absolutely no clue what she was missing out on. lana had been given a work computer while she was in the office, she had to link it to her camera so she could develop and send her pictures to the media office. lana would have to go collect it before she would start work. with a brief moment of silence, rhiannon's hand placed on lana's shoulders with a gasp.
"i know. the pitch side. after we have been there, we will get lunch then it's all down to you. let's go." rhiannon said walking down the same set of stairs the two girls had just came up. lana followed rhiannon to a set of black fire doors who pushed then open to reveal the seat of red seats. lana looked at the stadium in awe, amazed at how cinematic it looked. lana opened her camera bag, pulling out her expensive canon camera before snapping a quick picture of the view. she then put it away.
"now it's just down here." rhiannon said walking down multiple sets of steep, downhill stairs. lana followed close behind making sure to be careful with her every move. the girls arrived to a seat, table and camera stand at the side of the pitch. lana smiled as she sat down.
"you fit in perfectly." rhiannon said with a laugh. lana smiled as she stood up.
"so after lunch you will just come down here, take as much perfect pictures of the players training as you can and send them to the media office with your new computer." rhiannon said.
"seems great! i hope everyone likes me or at least can tolerate me." lana said shaking her head with a laugh.
"trust me, they will adore you!" rhiannon said.

lana and rhiannon had came inside from the stadium, their staving stomachs rumbling like earthquakes. on arrival to the cafeteria, there was already such a big queue.
"what would you recommend?" lana asked rhiannon adjusting the camera on her hip.
"oh all the food it fresh and delicious here. i recommend trying everything once but first try the chicken and salad wrap, it's all things great in the world." rhiannon said. lana couldn't help but laugh at her enthusiasm, it made lana's day.

the line went down rapidly with lana next in line. she fidgeted with her fingers as the woman in front of her walked away with her food, lana stepped forward to the counter.
"hi, what are you fancying." the man at the counter said, a very strong northern accent laced his voice.
"hi! i'll have the chicken and salad wrap with a cherry pepsi and an apple please." lana said smiling.
"of course, that will be two ninety five." the man said as lana slipped a five pound note from the back of her phone case handing it to him.
"thank you." the man said opening the money register, putting the five pound away and handing lana her changed. she put it in her jeans pocket before standing back to wait on her food. after a couple of minutes, the lunch man came back with a brown paper bag which was filled with lana's lunch. he handed it over gently to it was easy for lana to take.
"thank you." lana said flashing a smile at the man before walking away. she stood at the side waiting for rhiannon who only took a few minutes to have her food too.
"i have a couple of people i sit with. i will introduce you." rhiannon said. lana nodded. rhiannon walked out of the cafeteria and into a completely different room, which lana followed. it was filled with round tables which were only moderately full, a couple tables fuller than others. rhiannon led lana over to a table with only four people sitting around it. another girl, who had darker skin, her hair was slick back into a curly ponytail. three boys who all looked the slightest bit similar. tall, brown hair and gleaming smiles.
"hi rhiannon! now who is this." the girl said shifting her gaze to lana, who waved at her.
"well, kat. this is lana. lana this is kat, josh, peter and declan." rhiannon said pointing one by one at the friendly-looking people at the table.

"oh! lana you should head to the pitch. you have five minutes." rhiannon said her hand clasping over her mouth. lana, who had finished her lunch only a few minutes ago, stood up immediately.
"do you think you will be okay to get there without getting lost." peter asking lana with a not so promising look on his face.
"well i have to head up to the media offices to get my laptop and from there i should be fine." lana said nodding, adjusting the camera at her hip.
"okay perfect! good luck lana. we will see you tomorrow so you can let us know how it went." kat said with a smile, everyone at the table nodded in agreement. lana smiled.
"i'll see you then, bye guys." lana said walking away from the table as the group called out their goodbyes.

__________________________________