Chapter 13

Y/n POV:

Since I am going to stay beside Chrollo the entire time during the mission, I decided that it was probably time to make a move. I'm pretty sure Hisoka is making his move on Machi too.

Chrollo would probably like a softer girl as his significant other so I decided to start my acting career.

He was reading his book until I decided to go over to him and sit beside him quietly and read his book along with him. He at first didn't seem to mind at all until he finally spoke up, "What do you think you're doing?"

I looked up from his book and made eye contact with him but I decided to look at him innocently.

"Reading the book? Why? Did I do something wrong?" I furrowed my eye brows a little at the last question.

He shook his head and continued reading the book. 

As expected, the book he was reading was about boring stuff but I knew that I had to pull through or the act wouldn't work. Ugh this is literally torture.

"Since when did you start reading?" He suddenly asked to which I thought for a while first before I answered him.

"I've always read books, just different kind of books," He then closed his book and turned towards me with a smile that looked genuine. Key word: Looked. I'm not sure but if you asked me, I'd say it's genuiene.

"Oh? What kind of books?" He asked interested while I secretly shouted 'yes!' In my mind.

"Hmm, I read about History, Love, Science Fictions and a lot of other kinds of books that I can find in the library," I answered to which he smiled happily.

"I see, would you like to accompany me to the library some day?" He invited and I smiled innocently at him as I nodded my head like a little kid.

Got'em~

During the mission we didn't have much to do really as the others already have everything settled.

Chrollo asked me to tell him about Hisoka and my childhood to which I just made some sad story up which would link to why we both liked bloodshed so much. Did he really think that I was going to be honest with him and tell him everything about me? What if he uses our real childhood facts against us?

I ain't going to be tricked by this sly fox!

After I was done he patted my back and comforted me to which I made sure to shed a fake tear and tell him that it was alright to hopefully make him feel a little bad.

"Oh yeah, you know so much about me but I still don't know anything about you! Other than the fact that you're the boss... Mind telling me about yourself?" I smiled politely at him hoping to get him to open up to me.

I did say some pretty severe things that he thought had actually happen to me, hopefully the "I trust you with big information so you can trust me too" method work. 

It's basically where I tell my target something very sad has happened to me which caused me a lot of trauma and all that jazz which is obviously not true. They would think that since I have opened up to them, they are also able to open up to me and hence letting out their past traumas leaving them vulnerable.

(This is an ACTUAL manipulation method that is very common among manipulators in real life, natural manipulators usually find out about this method on their own while 'learning manipulators' actually learn how to manipulate and this method is one of the first tricks they learn about)

He did tell me some things here and there about his childhood but he still didn't open up completely.

 Normally I would push and ask more questions but I am facing Chrollo right now, the boss of the Phantom Troupe. If I ask more questions and keep asking for answers he's going to catch onto my little tactic here.

Right now all I can do is just smile innocently and ask move on to another subject to not be suspicious.

After the mission is over I should be considered as friends with Chrollo. Judging by his character, he probably falls in love after a period of time of spending with the person. I might need to speed things up a little if I want to win though.

Machi would probably fall for Hisoka quickly since she is pretty desperate for a cock. For a pretty girl like her you'd think that she isn't an easy one but really, she's easy.